搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 草叶集(中英对照版)第二十二卷对林肯总统的怀念

草叶集(中英对照版)第二十二卷对林肯总统的怀念

Leaves of Grass Book 22. Memories of President

Lincoln

by

Walt Whitman

草叶集

第二十二卷对林肯总统的怀念

沃尔特·惠特曼著

飘在风中的人译

LEAVES OF GRASS

草之叶

Come, said my soul,

来吧,我的灵魂说道,

Such verses for my Body let us write, (for we are one,)

为了我的肉体,让我们写下这些诗,(因为我们是密不可分的整体)That should I after return,

这样如果以后我将归来,

Or, long, long hence, in other spheres,

也许,在很久,很久以后,在另外的星体或空间,

There to some group of mates the chants resuming,

在那里朝着某一群伙伴,我将把这些颂歌重新颂唱,

(Tallying Earth’s soil, trees, winds, tumultuous waves,)

(把地球的土壤、树木、风儿和汹涌波浪逐一地清点)

Ever with pleas’d smile I may keep on,

我会带着喜悦的微笑永不放弃,

Ever and ever yet the verses owning—as, first, I here and now

永永远远地把这些诗篇拥有——就像此时此刻的我一样,首先,Signing for Soul and Body, set to them my name,

为了灵魂和肉体而签下名字,把我的名字嵌在它们上面。

Walt Whitman

沃尔特·惠特曼

BOOK XXII. MEMORIES OF PRESIDENT LINCOLN

第二十二卷对林肯总统的怀念

W HEN L ILACS L AST IN THE D OORYARD B LOOM’D

庭院里的紫丁香最后盛开的时候

1

When lilacs last in the dooryard bloom’d,

庭院里的紫丁香最后盛开的时候,

And the great star early droop’d in the western sky in the night,

西方夜空里那颗巨大的星星早早低垂的时候,

I mourn’d, and yet shall mourn with ever-returning spring.

我哀恸忧伤,并且将要在每一个归来的春天里哀恸忧伤。

Ever-returning spring, trinity sure to me you bring,

每一个归来的春天呀,你一定要给我带来这三样不可分离的东西,

Lilac blooming perennial and drooping star in the west,

每一年都盛开的紫丁香,低垂在西方的那颗星星,

And thought of him I love.

还有对我热爱的他的思念。

2

O powerful western fallen star!

哦,充满力量的西方陨落之星啊!

O shades of night—O moody, tearful night!

哦,夜里的这些暗影——哦,心绪难宁泪水涟涟的夜晚!

O great star disappear’d—O the black murk that hides the star!

哦,巨星消失了——哦,黑暗阴霾遮掩了这颗星星!

O cruel hands that hold me powerless—O helpless soul of me!

哦,那些残酷的手呀,抓住我让我无力挣扎——哦,我那徒劳而无助的灵魂!O harsh surrounding cloud that will not free my soul.

哦,环绕四周严酷难耐的云层,让我的灵魂难以解脱!

3

In the dooryard fronting an old farm-house near the white-wash’d palings,

在一座老旧农舍的前院,靠近洗刷得发白的围篱,

Stands the lilac-bush tall-growing with heart-shaped leaves of rich green,

立着一株长得高高的紫丁香,它有着心形的树叶,绿意郁浓,

With many a pointed blossom rising delicate, with the perfume strong I love,

许多尖尖的花朵盛开,纤雅地立起,带着我热爱的浓烈花香,

With every leaf a miracle—and from this bush in the dooryard,

每一片树叶都是一个奇迹呀——在这株生长于前院的灌木上,

With delicate-color’d blossoms and heart-shaped leaves of rich green,

颜色淡雅的花朵盛开,心形的树叶绿意浓郁,

A sprig with its flower I break.

我把一枝带着花朵的细枝折下。

4

In the swamp in secluded recesses,

在隐秘的沼泽深处,

A shy and hidden bird is warbling a song.

藏着一只羞怯的鸟,用啘啭的声音唱出一首歌。

Solitary the thrush,

这是一只独居的画眉,

The hermit withdrawn to himself, avoiding the settlements,

是隐退到自己世界里的隐士,远离有人居住的地方,

Sings by himself a song.

他独自地唱起了一首歌。

Song of the bleeding throat,

这是从流着鲜血的喉咙里发出的歌声,

Death’s outlet song of life, (for well dear brother I know,

是死神释放的生命之歌,(因为亲爱的兄弟我清楚地知道,

If thou wast not granted to sing thou wouldist surely die.)

你本应当已经死去,假如你不曾负有这歌唱的使命。)

5

Over the breast of the spring, the land, amid cities,

走过春天的胸膛,走过大地,走在城市们的中间,

Amid lanes and through old woods, where lately the violets peep’d from the ground, spotting the gray debris,

走在小路们中间,穿过那些古老的树林,那里这些新开的紫色花朵从大地上探出头来,点缀在灰色的碎片之中,

Amid the grass in the fields each side of the lanes, passing the endless grass,

走在小路两旁田野中的青草中间,从无边无际的青草旁经过,

Passing the yellow-spear’d wheat, every grain from its shroud in the dark-brown fields uprisen,

从长着黄色尖穗的小麦旁经过,深褐色的土地上的小麦,每一粒麦粒都从它那寿衣般的外鞘中长了出来,

Passing the apple-tree blows of white and pink in the orchards,

从果园的苹果树旁经过,树上盛开着白色和粉色的花朵,

Carrying a corpse to where it shall rest in the grave,

携带着一具将要到它的墓茔中休憩歇息的尸体,

Night and day journeys a coffin.

一口棺木没日没夜地走上了旅途。

6

Coffin that passes through lanes and streets,

走过小巷走过街道的棺木呀,

Through day and night with the great cloud darkening the land,

日夜穿行在这片被浓密的云层黯淡了的大地,

With the pomp of the inloop’d flags with the cities draped in black,

挽成环状的旗帜摆成了盛大的仪仗,城市妆裹在黑色之中,

With the show of the States themselves as of crape-veil’d women standing,

州邦们也让自己现身于此呀,如一个个面戴黑纱的妇人站立,

With processions long and winding and the flambeaus of the night,

一条条队列长而蜿蜒,夜色里火把闪亮,

With the countless torches lit, with the silent sea of faces and the unbared heads,

无数个火炬点燃了,一张张面孔和摘下了帽子的头颅组成了沉默之海,

With the waiting depot, the arriving coffin, and the sombre faces,

棺木暂驻的地方在等待着,棺木到达了,一张张面孔忧郁阴沉,

With dirges through the night, with the thousand voices rising strong and solemn,

挽歌穿过夜空,千万个声音响起来,响亮而又肃穆,

With all the mournful voices of the dirges pour’d around the coffin,

挽歌把全部的哀伤之声啊,倾洒包裹了这具棺木,

The dim-lit churches and the shuddering organs—where amid these you journey,

教堂里亮着黯淡的灯光,管风琴发出颤抖的声音——你的旅途便穿行于这些之中,With the tolling tolling bells’ perpetual clang,

缓缓地缓缓地鸣响呀,那不间断的铛铛钟声,

Here, coffin that slowly passes, I give you my sprig of lilac.

来呀,这慢慢走过的棺木,我把我这一小枝紫丁香向你献上。

7

(Nor for you, for one alone,

(这不只是献给你的,不是只献给一个人的,

Blossoms and branches green to coffins all I bring,

我要把这盛开的鲜花和绿色的枝叶带给所有的棺木,

For fresh as the morning, thus would I chant a song for you O sane and sacred death.

它们有着清晨一般的活力呀,让我能唱出这首送给你的歌,哦,心智健全而又神圣的死亡。

All over bouquets of roses,

让玫瑰组成的花束盖满一切,

O death, I cover you over with roses and early lilies,

哦,死亡啊,我要用玫瑰和早开的百合盖满你的全身,

But mostly and now the lilac that blooms the first,

但在此时我献上最多的是这最先盛开的紫丁香,

Copious I break, I break the sprigs from the bushes,

满满地我折下,我从这树丛中把细枝折下,

With loaded arms I come, pouring for you,

把它们满满地抱在我的手臂之中,我来了,把它们为你洒下,

For you and the coffins all of you O death.)

为你,为了所有因你而造的棺木,哦,死亡。)

8

O western orb sailing the heaven,

哦,巡游在西方天空的天体呀,

Now I know what you must have meant as a month since I walk’d,

现在我知道了你想表达的确切含意,当我在你的底下走过了一个月的时候,

As I walk’d in silence the transparent shadowy night,

当我默默无言地走在这清澈而又朦胧的夜晚中的时候,

As I saw you had something to tell as you bent to me night after night,

当你夜复一夜地向我俯下身来让我知道了你想对我说点什么的时候,

As you droop’d from the sky low down as if to my side, (while the other stars all look’d on,)

当你从天空中低低地垂下,几乎垂到我身边的时候,(此时其它星星都朝我们看来,)

As we wander’d together the solemn night, (for something I know not what kept me from sleep,)

当我们一起随意漫游于那肃穆夜晚的时候,(因为有一些我也说不清的事情让我不能成眠,)

As the night advanced, and I saw on the rim of the west how full you were of woe,

当夜越来越深,而我看见在西天的天际,你是如此地充满了忧伤的时候,

As I stood on the rising ground in the breeze in the cool transparent night,

当我在凉爽清澈的夜晚,在微风中站在那正在向你靠近的地面上的时候,

As I watch’d where you pass’d and was lost in the netherward black of the night,

当我看着你移动的轨迹,看着你随着夜的黑暗中消失在地平线下的时候,

As my soul in its trouble dissatisfied sank, as where you sad orb,

当我灵魂处于它那苦闷不快的沉沦之中的时候,而你,哀伤的天体啊,在那边,Concluded, dropt in the night, and was gone.

谢下大幕,在夜色里陨落,不再出现。

9

Sing on there in the swamp,

不要让歌声停下,在那沼泽之中,

O singer bashful and tender, I hear your notes, I hear your call,

哦,腼腆而温柔的歌手啊,我听到了你唱出的音符,我听到了你的呼唤,

I hear, I come presently, I understand you,

我听到了,我马上就会来的,我明白你的意思,

But a moment I linger, for the lustrous star has detain’d me,

但是我要耽搁一会,因为那颗光芒四射的星星让我停了下来,

The star my departing comrade holds and detains me.

那颗星星,我的正在离去的同志呀,留住了我让我停了下来。

10

O how shall I warble myself for the dead one there I loved?

哦,我要怎样才能让自己啘啭地歌唱,为那边的那个逝者,那个我爱过的人?And how shall I deck my song for the large sweet soul that has gone?

我又要怎样才能修饰打扮我的歌儿,为那个逝去的宽宏可爱的灵魂?

And what shall my perfume be for the grave of him I love?

而在我爱的那个他的坟墓的上面啊,我又应该奉上什么样的馨香?

Sea-winds blown from east and west,

海风从东面从西面吹过来,

Blown from the Eastern sea and blown from the Western sea, till there on the prairies meeting,

从东面的海吹地来,从西面的海吹过来,直到相遇在大草原上,

These and with these and the breath of my chant,

把这些,并把它们和我颂歌里的呼吸混合在一起,

I’ll perfume the grave of him I love.

作为我为我所热爱的人啊,为他的坟墓而奉上的馨香。

11

O what shall I hang on the chamber walls?

哦,在这房间的墙上我应该挂上点什么?

And what shall the pictures be that I hang on the walls,

在这些墙上我应该挂上什么样的图画呀,

To adorn the burial-house of him I love?

来装饰这间停放灵柩的屋子,来停放我所爱的他?

Pictures of growing spring and farms and homes,

挂上描绘万物生长的春天的图画,挂上农场和房子的图画,

With the Fourth-month eve at sundown, and the gray smoke lucid and bright,

画上那四月日落时的黄昏,和清澈而明亮的灰色炊烟,

With floods of the yellow gold of the gorgeous, indolent, sinking sun, burning, expanding the air,

画上那绚丽、慵懒、正在下落的太阳,画上它波涛般的金黄色光芒,让天空燃烧、膨胀,

With the fresh sweet herbage under foot, and the pale green leaves of the trees prolific,

画上脚下新鲜香甜的青青草叶,还有树上繁茂的淡绿色叶片,

In the distance the flowing glaze, the breast of the river, with a wind-dapple here and there,

远处那一片流动的釉面,是河流袒露的胸膛,这里或那里,有风吹起的涟漪,With ranging hills on the banks, with many a line against the sky, and shadows,

在堤岸上画上一层层的山丘,在天幕上画出许多的线条,也画出那些暗影,

And the city at hand with dwellings so dense, and stacks of chimneys,

还有画在近处的城市,里面居所密集,烟囱层叠,

And all the scenes of life and the workshops, and the workmen homeward returning.

还有生活中的所有场景和各种作坊,还有走在回家路上的工人。

12

Lo, body and soul—this land,

喏,肉体和灵魂呀——这片大地,

My own Manhattan with spires, and the sparkling and hurrying tides, and the ships,

这里有属于我的曼哈顿,它有座座尖顶,有闪着亮光匆匆流动着的潮水,还有一艘艘船只,

The varied and ample land, the South and the North in the light, Ohio’s shores and flashing Missouri,

这是多样而富足的土地,光明照耀着的南方和北方,俄亥俄的两岸,亮闪闪的密苏里,

And ever the far-spreading prairies cover’d with grass and corn.

还有总要说到的广大无边的长满青草和谷物的北美大草原。

Lo, the most excellent sun so calm and haughty,

喏,这里有最好的太阳,它是如此地平静如此自傲,

The violet and purple morn with just-felt breezes,

这里有紫蓝和紫红色的清晨,伴着若有若无的微风,

The gentle soft-born measureless light,

光明柔柔地生长,温雅而又无边无际,

The miracle spreading bathing all, the fulfill’d noon,

这里有充盈饱满的正午,奇迹一般地铺开,将一切沐浴于其中,

The coming eve delicious, the welcome night and the stars,

有即将到来的甜美的黄昏,有受到欢迎的夜晚和星星,

Over my cities shining all, enveloping man and land.

每一颗都照耀在我的城市们的上空,把人和大地笼罩。

13

Sing on, sing on you gray-brown bird,

继续唱呀,继续唱呀,你这灰褐色的鸟儿,

Sing from the swamps, the recesses, pour your chant from the bushes,

从沼泽里,从你深藏的地方唱出歌来,从灌木丛里把你的颂歌倾泻,

Limitless out of the dusk, out of the cedars and pines.

从薄暮中,从雪杉和松树之中不停地倾泻你的歌声。

Sing on dearest brother, warble your reedy song,

继续唱呀,最亲爱的弟兄,让你那尖锐刺耳的颤声鸣响吧,

Loud human song, with voice of uttermost woe.

用浸泡了最大悲哀的声音大声唱出给人类的歌。

O liquid and free and tender!

哦,这流畅奔放而又温柔的声音呀!

O wild and loose to my soul—O wondrous singer!

哦,让我的灵魂感受着狂野,放开了束缚——哦,你这神奇的歌手!

You only I hear—yet the star holds me, (but will soon depart,)

只有我听见了你呀——可是那颗星星留住了我,(不过就要和我分开了,)

Yet the lilac with mastering odor holds me.

可是紫丁香用它那主宰一切的香气留住了我。

14

Now while I sat in the day and look’d forth,

此刻我坐在这白昼间向前看去,

In the close of the day with its light and the fields of spring, and the farmers preparing their crops,

身处这将终的白昼之中,这有着光明,有着春天的土地,有着准备栽种庄稼的农夫的白昼,

In the large unconscious scenery of my land with its lakes and forests,

身处这宏大而不自知的景致中,这来自我那有着湖泊和森林的土地上的景致,

In the heavenly aerial beauty, (after the perturb’d winds and the storms,)

身处这天空中如天国般的美丽中,(当纷乱不定的狂风和暴风过去以后,)

Under the arching heavens of the afternoon swift passing, and the voices of children and women,

在那笼罩着飞逝而去的下午与孩子和女人们声音的穹顶一般的天空的下面,

The many-moving sea-tides, and I saw the ships how they sail’d,

有许多涌动的海浪,而我也看到了那些船只在怎样地航行,

And the summer approaching with richness, and the fields all busy with labor,

看到了夏天带着它的繁茂走近了,看到了大地上到处的繁忙的劳动景象,

And the infinite separate houses, how they all went on, each with its meals and minutia of daily usages,

看到了那无数个分散而居的家庭,看到了他们每一个怎样安排各自的一日三餐和日常生活的枝枝末末,

And the streets how their throbbings throbb’d, and the cities pent—lo, then and there,

看到了这些街道的脉搏在怎样地博动,看到了这些城市如何把人圈禁——喏,然后,就在那里,

Falling upon them all and among them all, enveloping me with the rest,

降落到它们这一切之上,降落到它们这一切之间,把我与其它的东西都笼罩其间,Appear’d the cloud, appear’d the long black trail,

那片云朵出现了,那长长的黒色的尾迹出现了,

And I knew death, its thought, and the sacred knowledge of death.

于是我懂得了死亡,死亡的思想,还有与死亡相关的神圣的知识。

Then with the knowledge of death as walking one side of me,

然后与死亡相关的知识就仿佛走在我的一边,

And the thought of death close-walking the other side of me,

而死亡的思想则紧紧地走在我的另一边,

And I in the middle as with companions, and as holding the hands of companions,

而我走在中间,仿佛与同伴走在一起一样,仿佛紧握着同伴的手儿一样,

I fled forth to the hiding receiving night that talks not,

我向前飞跑,跑进了那敞开胸怀隐匿着的无言的黑夜之中,

Down to the shores of the water, the path by the swamp in the dimness,

向着水滨跑去,沿着微暗不明的沼泽边的小道跑去,

To the solemn shadowy cedars and ghostly pines so still.

向着那些肃穆而如此安静的幽暗的雪杉和幽灵般松树跑去。

And the singer so shy to the rest receiv’d me,

于是那个在其他人面前表现得如此羞怯的歌手接纳了我,

The gray-brown bird I know receiv’d us comrades three,

我所认识的这灰褐色的鸟儿呀,我们这三位同志被它接纳了,

And he sang the carol of death, and a verse for him I love.

就此他唱出了这关于死亡的颂歌,唱出了一首为我爱着的他所写的诗篇。

From deep secluded recesses,

从那与世隔绝的幽深之所,

From the fragrant cedars and the ghostly pines so still,

从那如此安静的芬香的雪杉和幽魂般的松树林中,

Came the carol of the bird.

传来了这鸟儿的颂歌。

And the charm of the carol rapt me,

这颂歌的魅力迷住了我,

As I held as if by their hands my comrades in the night,

在这个夜晚当我仿若被我的同志们用手紧紧抓住的时候,

And the voice of my spirit tallied the song of the bird.

我灵魂的声音一条条地记录下了这鸟儿的歌声。

Come lovely and soothing death,

来吧,可爱而使人安慰的死亡,

Undulate round the world, serenely arriving, arriving,

绕着这世界起起伏伏地、安详地走来了,走来了,

In the day, in the night, to all, to each,

在白天,在夜晚,走向所有的人,走向每一个人,

Sooner or later delicate death.

迟迟早早地,精美的死亡。

Prais’d be the fathomless universe,

让深不可测的宇宙得到赞扬呀,

For life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious,

因为生命和欢乐,也因为实在的物体和新奇的知识,

And for love, sweet love—but praise! praise! praise!

也因为爱情,甜蜜的爱情——但更要赞扬!赞扬!赞扬呀!

For the sure-enwinding arms of cool-enfolding death.

因为那冰冷地包覆一切的死亡那坚定地缠绕过来的臂膀。

Dark mother always gliding near with soft feet,

黑暗母亲总是迈着轻柔的步子滑行到这近旁,

Have none chanted for thee a chant of fullest welcome?

难道还没有人为你奉上一首颂歌,把最满满的欢迎表达?

Then I chant it for thee, I glorify thee above all,

那么让我来为你奉上欢迎的颂歌,让我来荣耀你,使你至高无上,

I bring thee a song that when thou must indeed come, come unfalteringly.

让我为你唱上一曲,于是在你确定必须走来的时候,你便能坚定地走来。Approach strong deliveress,

这担负着拯救之责的强健女性走近来了,

When it is so, when thou hast taken them I joyously sing the dead,

在这样的时候,在你把他们带走的时候我欢快地把逝者歌唱,

Lost in the loving floating ocean of thee,

让他们消逝在你那慈爱的浮动的洋面,

Laved in the flood of thy bliss O death.

让他们沐浴于你那极乐的浪潮,哦,死亡。

From me to thee glad serenades,

奉献给你的快乐的小夜曲从我口中唱起,

Dances for thee I propose saluting thee, adornments and feastings for thee,

为了向你致敬我提议为你翩翩起舞,也为你张灯结彩宴席连连,

And the sights of the open landscape and the high-spread shy are fitting,

户外的景色与高高铺展开来的天空配成了相宜的风景,

And life and the fields, and the huge and thoughtful night.

包括这生命和这田野,以及这广大而充满沉思的夜晚。

The night in silence under many a star,

点点繁星下面的夜晚沉默无语,

The ocean shore and the husky whispering wave whose voice I know,

海洋的岸边以及沙哑低语的波浪发出我能听懂的声音,

And the soul turning to thee O vast and well-veil’d death,

而这个灵魂正在归向你呀,哦,广阔而垂下了密实面纱的死亡,

And the body gratefully nestling close to thee.

这具肉体呀,感激地紧紧依偎在你的身旁。

Over the tree-tops I float thee a song,

我为你送上一首歌,让它漂浮在树木之巅,

Over the rising and sinking waves, over the myriad fields and the prairies wide,漂浮在升升降降的波浪之上,漂浮在无数块田地和宽广的草原之上,Over the dense-pack’d cities all and the teeming wharves and ways,

漂浮在每一座人烟稠密的城市和熙攘的码头和道路之上,

I float this carol with joy, with joy to thee O death.

哦,死亡呀,我让这首颂歌快乐地漂浮,带着快乐来到你的身边。

15

To the tally of my soul,

为了让我的灵魂把它们收集,

Loud and strong kept up the gray-brown bird,

这只灰褐色的鸟儿大声有力地不停歌唱,

With pure deliberate notes spreading filling the night.

精心谱就的纯净音符向四方扩散,充满了这个夜晚,

Loud in the pines and cedars dim,

宏亮地在幽黯的松树与雪杉中回响,

Clear in the freshness moist and the swamp-perfume,

在清新的湿气和沼泽的芬香里清脆地回响,

And I with my comrades there in the night.

这个夜晚啊,我与我的同志们也身处其间。

While my sight that was bound in my eyes unclosed,

局限于我眼中的视线此刻被打开了,

As to long panoramas of visions.

我看到了一幅幅长长的全景式的影像。

And I saw askant the armies,

在我的侧方出现了军队,

I saw as in noiseless dreams hundreds of battle-flags,

仿佛在无声的梦中我看到了千百面战旗,

Borne through the smoke of the battles and pierc’d with missiles I saw them,

我看到它们冲破战场的硝烟,旗面上弹孔点点,

And carried hither and yon through the smoke, and torn and bloody,

人们带着它们穿过硝烟从这边来到那边,旗面破碎浸满鲜血,

And at last but a few shreds left on the staffs, (and all in silence,)

直到最后,旗竿上只剩下几片碎片,(然后所有都归于沉寂),

And the staffs all splinter’d and broken.

就连旗竿都完全地破碎断裂。

I saw battle-corpses, myriads of them,

我看见了战斗中留下的尸体,数不清的尸体,

And the white skeletons of young men, I saw them,

还有年轻人的白骨,我也看见了它们,

I saw the debris and debris of all the slain soldiers of the war,

我看见了所有被屠戮于战争中的战士们变成的一片片破碎的残片,

But I saw they were not as was thought,

但是我看到的是,他们并不像人们所想象的那样,

They themselves were fully at rest, they suffer’d not,

他们自己已经完全地安息了,他们并没有感到痛苦,

The living remain’d and suffer’d, the mother suffer’d,

活着的人残存下来去感受痛苦,母亲在感受痛苦,

And the wife and the child and the musing comrade suffer’d,

妻子孩子还有沉思默想的同志在感受痛苦,

And the armies that remain’d suffer’d.

残存的军队在感受痛苦。

16

Passing the visions, passing the night,

这些影像逝去了,夜晚逝去了,

Passing, unloosing the hold of my comrades’ hands,

我的两位同志紧握着我的手松开了,逝去了,

Passing the song of the hermit bird and the tallying song of my soul,

这隐居的鸟儿的歌声和我的灵魂搜集起来的歌声都逝去了,

Victorious song, death’s outlet song, yet varying ever-altering song,

这是凯旋的歌声,是从死亡之所走出的歌声,同时也是不停地改变着曲调的多变的歌声,

As low and wailing, yet clear the notes, rising and falling, flooding the night,

它那低落的恸哭一般的,然而却是清晰的音符,起起落落地,如潮水般涌入了这个夜晚,

Sadly sinking and fainting, as warning and warning, and yet again bursting with joy,

带着悲声沉落下来,微弱下去,如同重复发出的警告,但又在欢乐中再次爆发,Covering the earth and filling the spread of the heaven,

覆盖了大地充斥了整个天宇,

As that powerful psalm in the night I heard from recesses,

这就是我在那个夜晚,在那个幽深的地方,听到的那首充满力量的赞美之诗,Passing, I leave thee lilac with heart-shaped leaves,

心形叶片的紫丁香,我也要离开你走过去了,

I leave thee there in the door-yard, blooming, returning with spring.

我把你留在门前的庭院里,让你在那儿开放,让你在那里和春天一起回来。

I cease from my song for thee,

我让我为你而唱的歌声停息下来,

From my gaze on thee in the west, fronting the west, communing with thee,

我让那向着西方的你投去的凝视停歇下来,我不再面向西方,与你交谈,

O comrade lustrous with silver face in the night.

哦,夜空中有着光芒闪耀的银色面庞的同志呀。

Yet each to keep and all, retrievements out of the night,

但我要把每一个都保存起来,把从这夜晚里追溯到的所有一切都保存下来,

The song, the wondrous chant of the gray-brown bird,

那歌声,那灰褐色的鸟儿的奇妙的颂歌,

And the tallying chant, the echo arous’d in my soul,

还有那将这一切都搜集起来的颂歌,那从我的灵魂之中生长起来的回声,

With the lustrous and drooping star with the countenance full of woe,

同着那颗光芒闪耀的低垂着的,充满悲伤神情的星星,

With the holders holding my hand nearing the call of the bird,

同着那握紧我的手向着那鸟儿的呼唤靠近的支撑着我的它们,

Comrades mine and I in the midst, and their memory ever to keep, for the dead I loved so well,

它们是我的同志呀,我走在它们中间,关于它们的记忆,我要永远地保留,为了那个死者,那个我如此热爱的死者,

For the sweetest, wisest soul of all my days and lands—and this for his dear sake,

为了那个,那个在我所处的整个时代和所有土地上最为可爱、最为智慧的灵魂——也的确正是为了他的缘故啊,

Lilac and star and bird twined with the chant of my soul,

紫丁香、星星和鸟儿才会与来自我灵魂的颂歌相互交织,

There in the fragrant pines and the cedars dusk and dim.

在那芬芳的松树丛中和幽黑昏暗的雪杉林里。

O C APTAIN! M Y C APTAIN!

哦,船长!我的船长!

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,

哦,船长!我的船长!我们可怕的航程已经结束,

The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,

船儿战胜了每一道磨难,我们追逐的奖赏,已赢在了手心,

The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,

港口近了,我听见了钟声,人们全都欢呼雀跃,

While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;

视线也跟定着这船儿呀,它骨架稳定牢固,它不屈而且无畏。

But O heart! heart! heart!

可是,哦,心哪!心哪!心哪!

O the bleeding drops of red,

哦,点点的鲜血仍在渗开,

Where on the deck my Captain lies,

在这甲板的上面,我的船长躺在那里,

Fallen cold and dead.

他倒了下来,身躯冰冷,已经死去。

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;

哦,船长!我的船长!站起来呀,听听这钟声,

Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills,

站起来呀——旗帜在为你挥舞——号声在为你颤响,

For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding,

花束已为你备下,花环也为了你缀上了丝带——为了你呀,这岸边挤满了人群,For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;

为了你他们在呼喊,摇摆不定的大众啊,他们热切的脸转过来了,

Here Captain! dear father!

朝这边看呀,船长!亲爱的父亲!

This arm beneath your head!

让我用手臂把你的头枕起!

It is some dream that on the deck,

这是怎样的噩梦啊,在这甲板上,

You’ve fallen cold and dead.

你倒了下来,身躯冰冷,已经死去。

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,

我的船长不再回答,他的嘴唇苍白毫无声息,

My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,

我的父亲啊,他再也感觉不到我的手臂,他没有了脉博也没有了愿望,

The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,

船儿抛下了船锚,平安并且完好,它的航程结束了,任务完成了。

From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;

这胜利者的船呀,带着赢来的战果,从那可怕的航程之中驶出来了:

Exult O shores, and ring O bells!

欢欣啊,哦,众岸,敲响啊,哦,群钟!

But I with mournful tread,

可我却拖着沉重悲伤的脚步,

Walk the deck my Captain lies,

走在这甲板之上,我的船长躺在那里,

Fallen cold and dead.

他倒了下来,身躯冰冷,已经死去。

H USH’D B E THE C AMPS T O-D AY (M AY 4, 1865)

今天的营地寂静无声(1865年5月4日)

Hush’d be the camps to-day,

今天的营地寂静无声,

And soldiers let us drape our war-worn weapons,

战士们啊,让我们在久历战火的武器上垂下黑纱,

And each with musing soul retire to celebrate,

让每个人都带着陷入沉思的灵魂,放下工作,来纪念,

Our dear commander’s death.

我们亲爱的统帅的死亡。

No more for him life’s stormy conflicts,

他的生命中不会再有风暴般的冲突,

Nor victory, nor defeat—no more time’s dark events,

也不会再有胜利或者战败——时光中的那些黑暗事件将不再,

Charging like ceaseless clouds across the sky.

像盖满天空的乌云一样地不断涌来。

But sing poet in our name,

但是诗人唱吧,以我们的名义,

Sing of the love we bore him—because you, dweller in camps, know it truly.

唱我们对他怀有的爱——因为你——居住于这些营地中的你,真正地理解它。As they invault the coffin there,

当他们在那里把棺木放入墓穴的时候,

Sing—as they close the doors of earth upon him—one verse,

唱吧——当他们把大地的门扇盖在他身上的时候——唱一段歌声,

For the heavy hearts of soldiers.

来代表战士们沉甸甸的心脏。

T HIS D UST W AS O NCE THE M AN

这堆尘土曾经是那个人

This dust was once the man,

这堆尘土曾经是那个人,

Gentle, plain, just and resolute, under whose cautious hand,

他温和、平凡、公正也坚决,在他小心翼翼的手的指挥下,

Against the foulest crime in history known in any land or age,

在与有史以来的所有国家或时代里都算得上是最邪恶的罪恶的对抗中,

Was saved the Union of these States.

这些州邦组成的联邦得到了拯救。

草叶集(中英对照版)第三卷歌唱自我(第四十二节)

Leaves of Grass Book 3. Song of Myself (42) by Walt Whitman 草叶集 第三卷歌唱自我 (第四十二节) 沃尔特·惠特曼著 飘在风中的人译

LEAVES OF GRASS 草之叶 Come, said my soul, 来吧,我的灵魂说道, Such verses for my Body let us write, (for we are one,) 为了我的肉体,让我们写下这些诗,(因为我们是密不可分的整体)That should I after return, 这样如果以后我将归来, Or, long, long hence, in other spheres, 也许,在很久,很久以后,在另外的星体或空间, There to some group of mates the chants resuming, 在那里朝着某一群伙伴,我将把这些颂歌重新颂唱, (Tallyi ng Earth’s soil, trees, winds, tumultuous waves,) (把地球的土壤、树木、风儿和汹涌波浪逐一地清点) Ever with pleas’d smile I may keep on, 我会带着喜悦的微笑永不放弃, Ever and ever yet the verses owning—as, first, I here and now 永永远远地把这些诗篇拥有——就像此时此刻的我一样,首先,Signing for Soul and Body, set to them my name, 为了灵魂和肉体而签下名字,把我的名字嵌在它们上面。 Walt Whitman 沃尔特·惠特曼

草叶集(中英对照版)第四卷亚当的孩子(第一部分)

Leaves of Grass Book 4. Children of Adam (Part 1) by Walt Whitman 草叶集 第四卷亚当的孩子 (第一部分) 沃尔特·惠特曼著 飘在风中的人译

LEAVES OF GRASS 草之叶 Come, said my soul, 来吧,我的灵魂说道, Such verses for my Body let us write, (for we are one,) 为了我的肉体,让我们写下这些诗,(因为我们是密不可分的整体)That should I after return, 这样如果以后我将归来, Or, long, long hence, in other spheres, 也许,在很久,很久以后,在另外的星体或空间, There to some group of mates the chants resuming, 在那里朝着某一群伙伴,我将把这些颂歌重新颂唱, (Tallying Earth’s soil, trees, winds, tumultuous waves,) (把地球的土壤、树木、风儿和汹涌波浪逐一地清点) Ever with pleas’d smile I may keep on, 我会带着喜悦的微笑永不放弃, Ever and ever yet the verses owning—as, first, I here and now 永永远远地把这些诗篇拥有——就像此时此刻的我一样,首先,Signing for Soul and Body, set to them my name, 为了灵魂和肉体而签下名字,把我的名字嵌在它们上面。 Walt Whitman 沃尔特·惠特曼

惠特曼《啊,船长,我的船长哟!》赏析(2篇)

惠特曼《啊,船长,我的船长哟!》赏析(2 篇) 赏析<一> 惠特曼(1819—1892)美国诗人。生于长岛。他曾在公立学校求学,任过乡村教师,干过送信、排字等杂务,后在报馆工作,成为编辑。他喜欢大自然的美景和城市的大街小巷,喜欢歌剧、舞蹈、讲演术,喜欢阅读荷马史诗、希腊悲剧以及但丁、莎士比亚的作品。青年时期,他帮助父亲承建房屋,经营小书店、小印刷厂等,他性格自由散漫,喜欢游荡并和船夫、舵手、渔民、杂役、马车夫、机械工等结交朋友,自称是美国的“吟游诗人”。1855年出版《草叶集》第一版,收诗12首。南北战争期间,他自愿到华盛顿看护伤员,战后曾先后在政府部门供职多年。1873年身患瘫痪症,以后始终没有恢复健康,直到逝世,卧床达20年之久。但他的乐观主义,他对生活的热爱,他的民主理想至死不渝。 啊,船长,我的船长哟!这是诗人惠特曼为悼念林肯而写下的著名诗篇。林肯是美国第16任总统,在任期内,他为维护国家统一、摧毁蓄奴制而领导了南北战争,解放了黑人奴隶。就在美国人民欢庆胜利的时刻,反动势力雇佣的刺客杀害了他。惠特曼为此极度悲痛,写下了很多诗纪念这位伟大的英雄,这首诗是最著名的一首。在欢庆胜利之时悼念自己的领袖,这首诗的基调是悲壮的。诗人运用了比喻和象征的

手法,把美国比作一艘航船,把林肯总统比作船长,把维护国家的统一和废奴斗争比作一段艰险的航程。 赏析<二> 1. 惠特曼(1819~1892),19世纪美国杰出的民主主义诗人、出生在纽约附近长岛的一个贫苦农民家庭。迫于生活很早就出外谋生,当过杂役、木匠、排字工人、新闻工作者和编辑等,他只受过几年初等教育,后来靠自学阅读了大量世界文学名著,但哺育他成长为时代歌手的,主要还是美国沸腾的社会生活。他的主要作品有《为了你,民主》、《大路之歌》、《今天的军营静悄悄》、《起义之歌》、《啊,法国之星》和散文《民主展望》等。这些诗歌都编在《草叶集》中,这部优秀诗集成为美国近代文学史上一座光辉的里程碑,是美国民族文学的典范。 作者在创作过程中,在艺术上进行大胆革新;打破长期以来诗歌因袭的格律,首创后来称为“自由体”的新诗形式,即以短句作为韵律的基础,大量采用重叠句、平行句和夸张的形象语言,并吸收了一部分劳动人民的语汇和少量外来语,大大提高了诗歌的表现力 2. 写作背景 1783年,美国脱离英国的统治独立后,国内存在着雇拥劳动制和黑人奴隶制。

草叶集(中英对照版)第二十二卷对林肯总统的怀念

Leaves of Grass Book 22. Memories of President Lincoln by Walt Whitman 草叶集 第二十二卷对林肯总统的怀念 沃尔特·惠特曼著 飘在风中的人译

LEAVES OF GRASS 草之叶 Come, said my soul, 来吧,我的灵魂说道, Such verses for my Body let us write, (for we are one,) 为了我的肉体,让我们写下这些诗,(因为我们是密不可分的整体)That should I after return, 这样如果以后我将归来, Or, long, long hence, in other spheres, 也许,在很久,很久以后,在另外的星体或空间, There to some group of mates the chants resuming, 在那里朝着某一群伙伴,我将把这些颂歌重新颂唱, (Tallying Earth’s soil, trees, winds, tumultuous waves,) (把地球的土壤、树木、风儿和汹涌波浪逐一地清点) Ever with pleas’d smile I may keep on, 我会带着喜悦的微笑永不放弃, Ever and ever yet the verses owning—as, first, I here and now 永永远远地把这些诗篇拥有——就像此时此刻的我一样,首先,Signing for Soul and Body, set to them my name, 为了灵魂和肉体而签下名字,把我的名字嵌在它们上面。 Walt Whitman 沃尔特·惠特曼

草叶集中英对照

草叶集中英对照 草叶集(Leaves of Grass)是美国诗人沃尔特·惠特曼创作的一 部诗集,于1855年首次出版。诗集共包含12首诗,后续版本中逐渐 扩充为400多首。草叶集是惠特曼最知名的作品之一,也是美国文学 史上的经典之作。 草叶集的诗歌题材广泛,内容深邃。惠特曼通过对大自然、人类、社会、历史、宇宙等诸多主题的思考和描绘,探索了人类存在的意义 和价值。他以独特的写作风格和感性的语言,展示了对生命和自由的 热爱,以及对美的追求。诗集中的抒情诗歌和游记式的散文结合在一起,形成了一种新颖的写作风格。惠特曼将个体的经验和情感与整个 宇宙融为一体,以此来探索宇宙和人类的奥秘。 《草叶集》是美国文学中的一部创举,他用自由的思想、坦然开 放的情感和大胆的表达方式挑战了当时社会的保守观念和文学传统。 他的诗歌透露着浓厚的人道主义精神和对个体自由的追求,呼吁人们 关注个体的尊严和平等。他将诗歌的平凡与伟大相结合,以证明每个 人的生命都是独特而珍贵的。

在《草叶集》中,惠特曼用“我”来代表每个人,用“你”来代表读者和整个人类。他希望每个人能够通过诗歌来感受到与他人的共鸣和联系。他认为每个人都是独特的,每个人都拥有无限的潜力和可能性。他呼吁人们敞开心扉,接纳自己和他人的差异,拥抱生命的多样性和丰富性。 草叶集中的诗歌充满了对生命和自然的赞美。惠特曼将自己视为大自然的一部分,他以植物的形象来描绘自己的生命和创作。他通过描写大自然的美丽和神秘,表达了对生命的敬畏和对宇宙的思索。他相信万物有灵,每个人都与宇宙相连。他用深沉而富有节奏感的语言来表达对宇宙的赞美和敬畏,让读者能够感受到生命的力量和美好。 草叶集还涉及到社会和政治问题。惠特曼对奴隶制度、战争、不平等等社会问题持有鲜明的立场,并通过诗歌向读者传递他的社会理念。他呼吁人们摒弃偏见和歧视,拥抱平等和自由。他希望通过诗歌来传递正能量,鼓舞人们追求正义和改变社会。 总的来说,草叶集是一部具有深邃思考和独特风格的诗集。惠特曼通过诗歌来表达对生命和自由的热爱,以及对美的追求。他将个体的经验和情感与整个宇宙相结合,以此来探索宇宙和人类的奥秘。通

草叶集(中英对照版)第七卷歌唱开放的道路(第1 - 2节)

Leaves of Grass Book 7. Song of the Open Road (1 – 2) by Walt Whitman 草叶集 第七卷歌唱开放的道路(第1 – 2节) 沃尔特·惠特曼著 飘在风中的人译

BOOK VII. 第七卷 S ONG OF THE O PEN R OAD 歌唱开放的道路 1 Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road, 迈开双脚,带着轻松的心情,我走上这条开放的大路, Healthy, free, the world before me, 健康、自由,世界在我面前, The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose. 我眼前这长长的褐色的路径将把我带到我想去的任何地方。 Henceforth I ask not good-fortune, I myself am good-fortune, 自此以往我不再乞求好运在前,我自己就是那好运吉星, Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing, 自此以往我不再啜泣,不再拖延,也不再把任何东西依靠, Done with indoor complaints, libraries, querulous criticisms, 让躲在屋中的抱怨,让图书馆的库房,让挑剔焦燥的批判苛评见鬼去吧,Strong and content I travel the open road. 我强大而满足地行进在这条开放的道路之上。 The earth, that is sufficient, 只要有大地,这就已经足够, I do not want the constellations any nearer, 我不需要荟萃群星朝我靠得更近, I know they are very well where they are, 我知道它们自在地安于它们现在所处之处, I know they suffice for those who belong to them. 我知道对于属于它们的人来说,它们已经足够。 (Still here I carry my old delicious burdens, (而在这里我仍要带着我那旧有的甘美重荷, I carry them, men and women, I carry them with me wherever I go, 我要带着他们,男人与女人,我带着他们,让他们与我一起走向我想去的任何地方, I swear it is impossible for me to get rid of them, 我发誓我绝对不会把他们遗弃摆脱, I am fill’d with them, and I will fill them in return.) 我用他们充实自己,而作为回报我也把他们充实。) 2 You road I enter upon and look around, I believe you are not all that is here, 你,道路呀,我走到你的上面四下张望,我相信这里决不仅仅有你, I believe that much unseen is also here.

惠特曼《啊,船长,我的船长哟!》赏析(2篇)

惠特曼《啊,船长,我的船长哟!》赏析(2篇)赏析<一> 惠特曼(1819—1892)美国诗人。生于长岛。他曾在公立学校求学,任过乡村教师,干过送信、排字等杂务,后在报馆工作,成为编辑。他喜欢大自然的美景和城市的大街小巷,喜欢歌剧、舞蹈、讲演术,喜欢阅读荷马史诗、希腊悲剧以及但丁、莎士比亚的作品。青年时期,他帮助父亲承建房屋,经营小书店、小印刷厂等,他性格自由散漫,喜欢游荡并和船夫、舵手、渔民、杂役、马车夫、机械工等结交朋友,自称是美国的“吟游诗人”。1855年出版《草叶集》第一版,收诗12首。南北战争期间,他自愿到华盛顿看护伤员,战后曾先后在政府部门供职多年。1873年身患瘫痪症,以后始终没有恢复健康,直到逝世,卧床达20年之久。但他的乐观主义,他对生活的热爱,他的民主理想至死不渝。 啊,船长,我的船长哟!这是诗人惠特曼为悼念林肯而写下的著名诗篇。林肯是美国第16任总统,在任期内,他为维护国家统一、摧毁蓄奴制而领导了南北战争,解放了黑人奴隶。就在美国人民欢庆胜利的时刻,反动势力雇佣的刺客杀害了他。惠特曼为此极度悲痛,写下了很多诗纪念这位伟大的英雄,这首诗是最著名的一首。在欢庆胜利之时悼念自己的领袖,这首诗的基调是悲壮的。诗人运用了比喻和象征的手法,把美国比作一艘航船,把林肯总统比作船长,把维护

国家的统一和废奴斗争比作一段艰险的航程。 赏析<二> 1. 惠特曼(1819~1892),19世纪美国杰出的民主主义诗人、出生在纽约附近长岛的一个贫苦农民家庭。迫于生活很早就出外谋生,当过杂役、木匠、排字工人、新闻工作者和编辑等,他只受过几年初等教育,后来靠自学阅读了大量世界文学名著,但哺育他成长为时代歌手的,主要还是美国沸腾的社会生活。他的主要作品有《为了你,民主》、《大路之歌》、《今天的军营静悄悄》、《起义之歌》、《啊,法国之星》和散文《民主展望》等。这些诗歌都编在《草叶集》中,这部优秀诗集成为美国近代文学史上一座光辉的里程碑,是美国民族文学的典范。 作者在创作过程中,在艺术上进行大胆革新;打破长期以来诗歌因袭的格律,首创后来称为“自由体”的新诗形式,即以短句作为韵律的基础,大量采用重叠句、平行句和夸张的形象语言,并吸收了一部分劳动人民的语汇和少量外来语,大大提高了诗歌的表现力 2. 写作背景 1783年,美国脱离英国的统治独立后,国内存在着雇拥劳动制和黑人奴隶制。 1860年11月,以反对奴隶制而著名的林肯当选为美国总统。

湖南省益阳市第六中学七年级语文下册 第五单元《啊 我的船长》教案 北师大版

啊,船长,我的船长 教学目标 1、知识与技能:学习有感情地朗诵诗歌,了解惠特曼与《草叶集》,学会了解作品的时代背景。 2、准确地把握人物的内心世界;感受高尚的人格操守,领会文本所传达的思想情感。 3、情感态度与价值观:激发学生对生活的热爱 教学重难点:准确地把握人物的内心世界;感受高尚的人格操守,领会文本所传达的思想情感。 教学课时:1课时 教学步骤: 预学 1、作者介绍 惠特曼(1819—1892)美国诗人。生于长岛。他曾在公立学校求学,任过乡村教师,干过送信,排字等杂务,后在报馆工作,成为编辑。他喜欢大自然的美景和城市的大街小巷,喜欢歌剧、舞蹈、讲演术,喜欢阅读荷马史诗、希腊悲剧以及但丁、莎士比亚的作品。青年时期,他帮助父亲承建房屋,经营小书店、小印刷厂等,他性格自由散漫,喜欢游荡并和船夫、舵手、渔民、杂役、马车夫、机械工等结交朋友,自称是美国的“吟游诗人”。1855年出版《草叶集》第一版,收诗12首。南北战争期间,他自愿到华盛顿看护伤员,战后曾先后在政府部门供职多年。1873年身患瘫痪症,以后始终没有恢复健康,直到逝世,卧床达20年之久。但他的乐观主义,他对生活的热爱,他的民主理想至死不渝。在他生前,《草叶集》再版多次,每次都有变动,现在通用的全集,是所谓“临终版”,即1 892年出版的第九版,收诗383首。1865年,诗人还出版了《桴鼓集》及其续集,内有一首悼念林肯的名篇《最近紫丁香在庭院里开放的时候》。1882年,诗人出版了他的散文集《典型的日子》,其中包括《民主远景》一文。《草叶集》中最长的《自己之歌》,表达了作者毕生的主要思想。“草叶”象征一切平凡普通的东西和平凡普通的人。诗的背景是纽约的街道和长岛的海滩,反映了劳动阶层人民的生活。诗采用日常生活的语言,表现了诗人对人的肉体、灵魂和宇宙间关系的认识。他的泛神论思想,他对无罪的肉体的歌颂,在当时都是惊世骇俗的,而他的自由奔放的思想感情,以及像大海波涛一样气势豪迈的诗歌节奏,都是对传统诗体的创新。毫不掩饰地表现出诗人胸襟开阔、勇于进取的个性。除《自己之歌》外,《草叶集》还收录了《通向印度之路》、《从永不休止地摆动着的摇篮里》等佳作。惠特罗为建立美国自己的文学作出了杰出的贡献。 2、写作背景介绍 这是诗人惠特曼为纪念林肯而写下的著名诗篇。林肯是美国第16任总统,在任期内他为维护国家统

《自己之歌》教学设计

高中语文人教统编版选择性必修中册第四单元 13.3 自己 之歌教案 教学目标 1.了解惠特曼的生平及其创作经历。 2.通过品味诗歌的语言来鉴赏诗歌,掌握诗歌的表达技巧。 3.分析诗歌的意象、意境,领会诗歌的意蕴,感受其浓烈的情感。 4.树立自我意识,重视对个体价值的审视与思考。 核心素养 语言建构与运用:了解惠特曼的创作成就及其在世界文学史上的地位,学习诗歌中对比、排比等修辞手法的运用效果。 思维发展与提升:理解诗歌的意象、意境,把握诗歌的感情。 审美鉴赏与创造:鉴赏诗歌的意境美、情感美。 文化传承与理解:感受诗歌中涌动的旺盛的生命力和诗歌中凸显出的宏大的自我,树立自我意识,重视对个体价值的审视与思考。 教学重难点 重点: 理解诗歌的意象、意境,把握诗歌的感情。 难点: 感受诗歌中涌动的旺盛的生命力和诗歌中凸显出的宏大的自我,树立自我意识。 课前准备

1、指导学生完成预习 2、制作课件 教学过程 一、导入新课 亲爱的先生: 对于才华横溢的《草叶集》,我不是看不见它的价值的。我认为它是美国至今所能贡献的最了不起的聪明才智的结晶。我在读它的时候,感到十分愉快,伟大的力量总是使我们感到愉快的。我一向认为,我们似乎处于贫脊枯竭的状态,好像过多的雕凿,或者过多的迂缓气质正把我们西方的智慧变得迟钝而平庸,《草叶集》正是我们所需要的。我为您的自由和勇敢的思想而高兴。...... 直到昨天晚上,我在一家报纸上看见本书的广告时,我才相信真有此书,而且能在邮局里买到。我很想会见使我受到教益的人,并想定下一个任务,去访问纽约,向您致敬。 二、写作背景 19世纪上半叶,美国在经济上虽然发展很快,但仍基本上处于欧洲殖民地的地位。至于文化,特别是文学方面,则主要从属于英国,还没有建立起本民族的与合众国相适应的民主主义文学。当时以爱默生为首的美国超经验主义者提倡个性解放,鼓吹打破神学和外国教条主义的束缚,在美国来一次文艺复兴。解放个性,就是要发现自己,从一个国家来说就是要确立本民族自己的独立人格。在这样的历史要求下,惠特曼树立自己的雄心,要通过他自己来表现他的“特殊时代、环境和美国”,于是他的“我自己”便与他们民族的“我自己”合而为一了。 惠特曼自幼家贫,兄弟姐妹众多,但底层劳动人民的生活经验在一定程度上奠定了其民主主义思想基础。直至1855年《草叶集》的第一版问世以来,诗人终于找到自己创作的突破口和定位。在《草叶集》中,作者的政治理念鲜明,那就是不满当时盛行的不公平的奴隶制度,追求自由民主、平等博爱的政治意识,对美国这块“民主的大地”进行讴歌,一心希望通过诗歌创作唤醒劳苦大众对于自身境遇的认识并采取一系列方式加以变革。《自己之歌》就是在这样的背景下

草叶集(中英对照版)第十四卷红杉树的歌

Leaves of Grass Book 14. Song of the Redwood-Tree by Walt Whitman 草叶集 第十四卷红杉树的歌 沃尔特·惠特曼著 飘在风中的人译

LEAVES OF GRASS 草之叶 Come, said my soul, 来吧,我的灵魂说道, Such verses for my Body let us write, (for we are one,) 为了我的肉体,让我们写下这些诗,(因为我们是密不可分的整体)That should I after return, 这样如果以后我将归来, Or, long, long hence, in other spheres, 也许,在很久,很久以后,在另外的星体或空间, There to some group of mates the chants resuming, 在那里朝着某一群伙伴,我将把这些颂歌重新颂唱, (Tallyin g Earth’s soil, trees, winds, tumultuous waves,) (把地球的土壤、树木、风儿和汹涌波浪逐一地清点) Ever with pleas’d smile I may keep on, 我会带着喜悦的微笑永不放弃, Ever and ever yet the verses owning—as, first, I here and now 永永远远地把这些诗篇拥有——就像此时此刻的我一样,首先,Signing for Soul and Body, set to them my name, 为了灵魂和肉体而签下名字,把我的名字嵌在它们上面。 Walt Whitman 沃尔特·惠特曼

林肯总统就职演讲中英文对照

林肯总统在1861年的第一次就职演说——英文版 First Inaugural Address of Abraham Lincoln MONDAY, MARCH 4, 1861 Fellow-Citizens of the United States: In compliance with a custom as old as the Government itself, I appear before you to address you briefly and to take in your presence the oath prescribed by the Constitution of the United States to be taken by the President before he enters on the execution of this office。" I do not consider it necessary at present for me to discuss those matters of administration about which there is no special anxiety or excitement。 Apprehension seems to exist among the people of the Southern States that by the accession of a Republican Administration their property and their peace and personal security are to be endangered。 There has never been any reasonable cause for such apprehension。 Indeed, the most ample evidence to the contrary has all the while existed and been open to their inspection. It is found in nearly all the published speeches of him who now addresses you。 I do but quote from one of those speeches when I declare that—- I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so。 Those who nominated and elected me did so with full knowledge that I had made this and many similar declarations and had never recanted them;and more than this, they placed in the platform for my acceptance, and as a law to themselves and to me, the clear and emphatic resolution which I now read: Resolved,That the maintenance inviolate of the rights of the States, and especially the right of each State to order and control its own domestic institutions according to its own judgment exclusively, is essential to that balance of power on which the perfection and endurance of our political fabric depend; and we denounce the lawless invasion by armed force of the soil of any State or Territory, no matter what pretext,as among the gravest of crimes。 I now reiterate these sentiments, and in doing so I only press upon the public attention the most conclusive evidence of which the case is susceptible that the property, peace, and security of no section are to be in any wise endangered by the now incoming Administration. I add, too, that all the protection which, consistently with the Constitution and the laws, can be given will be cheerfully given to all the States when lawfully demanded, for whatever cause-—as cheerfully to one section as to another. There is much controversy about the delivering up of fugitives from service or labor. The clause I now read is as plainly written in the Constitution as any other of its provisions: No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall in consequence of any law or regulation therein be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due。It is scarcely questioned that this provision was intended by those who made it for the reclaiming of what we call fugitive slaves; and the intention of the lawgiver is the law。 All members of Congress swear their support to the whole Constitution-—to this provision as much as to any other。 To the proposition, then, that slaves whose cases come within the terms of this clause "shall be delivered up” their oaths are

船长教案(优秀6篇)

船长教案(优秀6篇) 《船长》教案篇一 活动目标: 1.感受音乐乐段的不同。 2.能在音乐中进行动作交替,控制自己。 3.体会对战式游戏带来的乐趣。 活动准备: 行进律动音乐、《大河之舞》剪辑版、故事铺垫 活动过程: 一、开始部分 1.行进律动进场 2.故事导入 二、基础部分 1.倾听音乐(保留最后一段) 提问:你认为海盗和船长在海上发生么什么事情? 2.问题前置:音乐什么地方战斗最激烈? 3.再次欣赏音乐(关键点教师语言引导)。 4.幼儿回答问题,教师完整叙述情节路线,并请幼儿设计情节动作。 5.教师示范,扮演船长与海盗。 6.请幼儿根据示范说出游戏规则。 7.幼儿分别尝试角色。 8.纠错与小结。 9.幼儿自主分组并尝试对战游戏。 10.加入最后一段,引导幼儿想办法怎么分出胜负。 11.完整游戏。 12.互换角色再来一遍。 三、结束部分 自然结束 活动延伸: 幼儿回去创编更厉害的动作和战胜的`方法 活动反思: 游戏内容的设定环环相扣,每一环节对孩子都是新的挑战,活动中没有游离的孩子。在教师引导下,幼儿能够仔细观察与聆听,发现游戏规则,能够进行简单的纠错。给了幼儿主动探索,大胆创设的空间,增强幼儿在活动中的主人翁意识,保持了幼儿进行活动的兴趣和积极性,并能在音乐中进行动作交替,学会控制自己。 《船长》教案篇二 [教学目标] 知识与技能 学习有感情地朗诵诗歌。 了解惠特曼与《草叶集》,学会了解作品的时代背景。 过程与方法 准确地把握人物的内心世界;感受高尚的人格操守,领会文本所传达的思想情感。 情感态度与价值观 激发学生对生活的热爱

[教学重难点] 准确地把握人物的内心世界;感受高尚的人格操守,领会文本所传达的思想情感。 [教学时间] 1课时 [教学步骤] 一、作者介绍 惠特曼(1819—1892)美国诗人。生于长岛。他曾在公立学校求学,任过乡村教师,干过送信,排字等杂务,后在报馆工作,成为编辑。他喜欢大自然的美景和城市的大街小巷,喜欢歌剧、舞蹈、讲演术,喜欢阅读荷马史诗、希腊悲剧以及但丁、莎士比亚的作品。青年时期,他帮助父亲承建房屋,经营小书店、小印刷厂等,他性格自由散漫,喜欢游荡并和船夫、舵手、渔民、杂役、马车夫、机械工等结交朋友,自称是美国的“吟游诗人”。1855年出版《草叶集》第一版,收诗12首。南北战争期间,他自愿到华盛顿看护伤员,战后曾先后在政府部门供职多年。1873年身患瘫痪症,以后始终没有恢复健康,直到逝世,卧床达20年之久。但他的乐观主义,他对生活的热爱,他的民主理想至死不渝。在他生前,《草叶集》再版多次,每次都有变动,现在通用的全集,是所谓“临终版”,即1892年出版的第九版,收诗383首。1865年,诗人还出版了《桴鼓集》及其续集,内有一首悼念林肯的名篇《最近紫丁香在庭院里开放的时候》。1882年,诗人出版了他的散文集《典型的日子》,其中包括《民主远景》一文。《草叶集》中最长的《自己之歌》,表达了作者毕生的主要思想。“草叶”象征一切平凡普通的东西和平凡普通的人。诗的背景是纽约的街道和长岛的海滩,反映了劳动阶层人民的生活。诗采用日常生活的语言,表现了诗人对人的肉体、灵魂和宇宙间关系的。认识。他的泛神论思想,他对无罪的肉体的歌颂,在当时都是惊世骇俗的,而他的自由奔放的思想感情,以及像大海波涛一样气势豪迈的诗歌节奏,都是对传统诗体的创新。毫不掩饰地表现出诗人胸襟开阔、勇于进取的个性。除《自己之歌》外,《草叶集》还收录了《通向印度之路》、《从永不休止地摆动着的摇篮里》等佳作。惠特罗为建立美国自己的文学作出了杰出的贡献。 二、写作背景介绍 这是诗人惠特曼为纪念林肯而写下的著名诗篇。林肯是美国第16任总统,在任期内他为维护国家统一、摧毁蓄奴制而领导了南北战争,解放了黑人农奴。他在美国人民欢庆胜利的时候,反动势力雇用的刺客杀害了他。惠特曼为此极度悲痛,写下了许多诗纪念这位伟大的英雄,这首诗是最著名的一首。 三、文本研习 1.教师范读。 2.分别请几位同学朗读。 3.师生齐读。 4.诗文赏析。 (1)在这首诗中“船”、“船长”、“航程”分别象征什么? 明确:诗人运用了比喻和象征的手法,把美国比作一艘航船,把林肯总统比作船长,把维护国家统一和废奴战争比作一段艰险的航程。 (2)课后问题探讨(第二题) 明确:普希金把自己的诗作称作“自由的歌声”,并不是因为他在牢狱之外,而是指他在诗中所表达的反对专制,歌唱自由的理想追求。在本诗中诗人用“他的嘴唇惨白而僵硬”、“浑身冰凉,停止了呼吸”,是为了突出林肯悲壮的死,胜利的钟声响起,而带领人们战胜惊涛骇浪的船长却死去了,这就突出了悲痛的气氛,同时表明了诗人对领袖的憧憬怀念之情。两首诗的感情基调不同,《致西伯利亚囚徒》写给受难的战友格调高昂,豪迈奔放。充满对战友的鼓励。《啊,船长,我的船长哟》在胜利到来之际悼念死去的伟大领袖,充满了悲痛之

草叶集(中英对照版)第一卷献辞

Leaves of Grass Book 1. Inscriptions by Walt Whitman 草叶集 第一卷献辞 沃尔特·惠特曼著 飘在风中的人译

LEAVES OF GRASS 草之叶 Come, said my soul, 来吧,我的灵魂说道, Such verses for my Body let us write, (for we are one,) 为了我的肉体,让我们写下这些诗,(因为我们是密不可分的整体)That should I after return, 这样如果以后我将归来, Or, long, long hence, in other spheres, 也许,在很久,很久以后,在另外的星体或空间, There to some group of mates the chants resuming, 在那里朝着某一群伙伴,我将把这些颂歌重新颂唱, (Tallying Earth’s soil, trees, winds, tumultuous waves,) (把地球的土壤、树木、风儿和汹涌波浪逐一地清点) Ever with pleas’d smile I may keep on, 我会带着喜悦的微笑永不放弃, Ever and ever yet the verses owning—as, first, I here and now 永永远远地把这些诗篇拥有——就像此时此刻的我一样,首先,Signing for Soul and Body, set to them my name, 为了灵魂和肉体而签下名字,把我的名字嵌在它们上面。 Walt Whitman 沃尔特·惠特曼

林肯总统就职演讲中英文对照

林肯总统在1861年的第一次就职演说-—英文版 First Inaugural Address of Abraham Lincoln MONDAY, MARCH 4, 1861 Fellow-Citizens of the United States: In compliance with a custom as old as the Government itself, I appear before you to address you briefly and to take in your presence the oath prescribed by the Constitution of the United States to be taken by the President before he enters on the execution of this office." I do not consider it necessary at present for me to discuss those matters of administration about which there is no special anxiety or excitement。 Apprehension seems to exist among the people of the Southern States that by the accession of a Republican Administration their property and their peace and personal security are to be endangered。 There has never been any reasonable cause for such apprehension。 Indeed, the most ample evidence to the contrary has all the while existed and been open to their inspection. It is found in nearly all the published speeches of him who now addresses you。 I do but quote from one of those speeches when I declare that—- I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists。 I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so。 Those who nominated and elected me did so with full knowledge that I had made this and many similar declarations and had never recanted them; and more than this, they placed in the platform for my acceptance, and as a law to themselves and to me, the clear and emphatic resolution which I now read: Resolved,That the maintenance inviolate of the rights of the States, and especially the right of each State to order and control its own domestic institutions according to its own judgment exclusively, is essential to that balance of power on which the perfection and endurance of our political fabric depend; and we denounce the lawless invasion by armed force of the soil of any State or Territory, no matter what pretext, as among the gravest of crimes. I now reiterate these sentiments, and in doing so I only press upon the public attention the most conclusive evidence of which the case is susceptible that the property, peace, and security of no section are to be in any wise endangered by the now incoming Administration。 I add, too, that all the protection which,consistently with the Constitution and the laws, can be given will be cheerfully given to all the States when lawfully demanded, for whatever cause-—as cheerfully to one section as to another。 There is much controversy about the delivering up of fugitives from service or labor. The clause I now read is as plainly written in the Constitution as any other of its provisions: No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall in consequence of any law or regulation therein be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due。It is scarcely questioned that this provision was intended by those who made it for the reclaiming of what we call fugitive slaves; and the intention of the lawgiver is the law。 All members of Congress swear their support to the whole Constitution——to this provision as much as to any other. To the proposition, then, that slaves whose cases come within the terms of this clause ”shall be delivered up" their oaths are

相关主题