搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 别对我撒谎lie to me第一季台词06

别对我撒谎lie to me第一季台词06


Season 1, Episode 6:Do.No.Harm


-Journalist A: The case of Samantha Burch, the 11-year-old girl last seen leaving school two months ago,
case: 案件,情况 last: 最后 leave: 离开
11岁的女孩Samantha Burch,两个月前放学时失踪,至今仍未找到。
has gotten a new burst of energy.
burst: 爆发 energy: 能量,活力,精力【此处意为案件重新引起关注】
这件案子近日再次引起关注。
-Journalist B: Suspicions continue to swirl around Samantha's parents, Brian and Lorraine Burch,
suspicions: 嫌疑,怀疑 continue to: 继续 swirl: 旋涡 around: 在…周围
目前 Samantha的父母Brian和Lorraine Burch仍为最大嫌疑人。
amid accusations that they killed their daughter,
amid: 在其间,在其中 accusation: 指控,控告
有人怀疑他们杀害了自己的女儿,
and claimed she was abducted.
claim: 宣称,声称,宣布 abduct: 诱拐,绑走
并对外宣称女儿被绑架。
-Journalist C: Just yesterday the Burches raised the reward for information。
just: 正好,恰好 yesterday: 昨天 raise: 提高 reward: 因…的报酬 information: 信息
就在昨天 Burch一家提高了悬赏金额。
about their daughter's where about to $100,000.
提供Samantha下落者可获10万美金。
And there are also reports they've hired
report: 报导 hire: 雇请
另有消息称,他们聘请了一位
so-called deception expert Dr. Cal Lightman.
so-called: 所谓的 deception: 欺骗,欺诈 expert: 专家
欺诈专家 Cal Lightman博士。
-Lightman: Girl goes missing, supermodel's in rehab, Obama gets a new puppy,
miss: 失踪,错过 supermodel: 超级名模 rehab: 修复 in rehab: 戒毒 puppy: 小狗
有人女儿失踪了,超级名模在戒毒,奥巴马新养了条小狗,
and you guys make freedom of the press the first amendment.
freedom: 自由 freedom of the press: 出版自由,新闻自由 amendment: 修正案
而你们却搞了个第一修正案让这些媒体为所欲为。
-Foster: I don't think this is what our founding fathers had in mind.
founding: 建立 have in mind: 记住,想到
我想国父们也没想到会变成现在这样。
-Samantha: Watch this, daddy.
爸爸,快看。
-Foster: you adopted her five years ago?
adopt: 收养,领养
你们5年前领养的她?
-Brian: Yeah. We waited so long for a child. She made us a family.
wait: 等待
对。我们一直想要个孩子,有了她我们才是一个完整的家。
-Lorraine: Do either of you have children?
either of: 任何一个
你们谁有孩子吗?
-Foster: Yeah, I do.
我有。
-Brian: How anybody thinks that...
怎么会有人认为
we could hurt her, I, I don't understand.
hurt: 伤害 understand: 理解,明白
我们伤害了自己的女儿呢?我实在不明白。
-Foster: You said there was new information?
there is: 有
你们有新消息了?
A car ran a red light two days ago.
red light: 红灯
两天前这

辆车闯了红灯,
The police gave us that photograph. It's from one of those traffic cameras.
police: 警察 photograph: 照片 traffic: 交通的 camera: 照相机,摄像机
这是警察给我们的照片,是被摄像头照下来的。
-Brian: : Do you see there? That is Samantha's sweater.
sweater: 毛衣
看到吗?那是Samantha的毛衣。
Uh, Lorraine made that. Someone has her.
还是Lorraine给她织的,她确实被人绑架了,
That's why we raised the reward.
所以我们提高了赏金。
-Lorraine: We re-mortgaged the house.
mortgage: 抵押
我们对房子进行了再次抵押。
-Brian: We've been getting hundreds of calls from all over saying they've got information about Sammy,
hundreds of: 许多,数以百计 all over: 到处,遍及
我们接到无数电话说他们有Sammy的消息。
but the police say that's going to take weeks to talk to everybody and..
take: 花费(时间)
但警察说要一一确认得花好几周时间,
she may not have that kind of time.
她也许等不到那会儿了。
So we thought that you could tell which of the tipsters we should believe.
tipster: 情报贩子 believe: 相信
所以我们想到您应该能帮我们鉴别这些信息的真伪。
I mean, you could do that faster than the police, right?
我想您至少应该比警察们快一些,对吧?
-Lightman: I need to ask you a question.
那我要先问个问题,
Did you kill your daughter? Did you? Did you kill her?
你们有没有杀害自己的女儿? 有没有? 到底有没有?
-Lorraine: How can you even ask us that?
even: 甚至,正好
你怎么能问我们这种问题?
-Lightman: Yeah, I know, you brought me here to help you.
brought: bring的过去式,带来
我知道,你们想我帮助你们,
-Brian: Are you serious?
serious: 严肃的
你是认真的吗?
-Lightman: So answer the question.
想让我帮的话就回答我
Did you kill your daughter?
你们究竟有没有杀害自己的女儿?
-Lorraine: I'm not gonna answer that.
gonna=going to
我不会回答这种问题。
-Lightman: No, listen.
不不,听我说。
Did you kill Samantha?
你们有没有杀害Samantha?
-Brian: We didn't bring you here so that...
我们请你来不是为了…
-Lightman: Did you kill your daughter? Did you kill her?
是不是你们杀了她?是不是?
-Lorraine: No.
不是。
-Brian: No, no, no. No. No.
不是,不是
-Lightman: OK,I think we can help you.
好,现在我可以帮助你们了。
You gonna be okay?
你没事吧?
-Foster: Sure.
当然
-Lightman: 'Cause I can do this one on my own.
on my own: 独立地,凭自己的力量
这案子我自己也能搞定。
-Foster: No, not a chance.
not a chance: 没门儿,想都别想
不用,想都甭想。
I know what you're thinking, and it's not going to be a problem; I'm fine.
problem: 问题
我知道你在想什么,这不会影响我,我没事。
-Journalist A: Dr. Ligh

tman, can we ask you a question?
Lightman博士能问个问题吗?
Anything from the Burches?
您从Burch家得到些什么消息?
-Lightman: Um, off the record?
off the record: 不供公开发表的
你能保证不报道吗?
-Journalist A: Yeah, off the record.
当然,没问题。
Turn the camera off.
turn…off: 关掉
把摄像机关掉
-Lightman: It's my understanding that, uh, Samantha Burch was seen with an unidentified male,
unidentified: 未经确认的 male: 男性
我只能说,有人看见Samantha Burch在一名不明男子的陪同下,
leaving a restaurant called the Happy Dragon.
restaurant: 餐馆,饭店
从一家叫Happy Dragon的中餐馆出来。
Right now the police are searching China Town.
right now: 立刻 search: 寻找,搜查 China Town: 唐人街
目前警察正在唐人街搜查。
-Journalist A: Thank you. Let's go.
谢谢您,快走。
-Lightman: Well, the Burches could use some privacy,
privacy: 隐私,隐居,秘密
干嘛,反正Burch家也需要清静一下了,
and the Happy Dragon could definitely use the business.
definitely: 肯定的
何况Happy Dragon也会财源广进了。
-Diane: Diane Kretschmer, editor- in-chief at Ashmont Press
我是Diane Kretschmer Ashmont出版社主编。
Dr. Foster explained what this was about?
Foster博士有没有向你们介绍这个案子?
-Loker: It's about her, right? Farida Mugisha.
案子是关于她的,对吧 Farida Mugisha
-Diane: That's right.
没错。
-Diane: What do you know about her?
你知道她?
-Loker: Well, she's a, uh, peace activist from Northern Uganda.
peace: 和平 activist: 积极分子
她是名反战人士,北乌干达人。
She was kidnapped by rebels when she was in her teens, kept in the bush, and escaped.
kidnap: 绑架,诱拐 rebel: 叛民 teens: 青少年 bush: 灌木从 escape: 逃脱,逃跑
少年时被造反者绑架,并囚禁在荒村,后来逃了出来。
I read her book. It's awesome.
awesome: 让人敬畏的,可怕的
我读过她的书,写得很棒。
-Ria: You published it, right?
publish: 出版,发行
是你们帮她出版的?
-Diane: Yeah, and it's about to be huge.
huge: 巨大的,特大的
对,这书会大红特红的。
This is just the kickoff party for the tour.
kickoff: 开球,开始 tour: 旅游,旅行
这只是巡回售书会的开幕聚会,
Oprah's chosen her for the book club.
book club: 读书俱乐部
Oprah选了她的书在读书俱乐部介绍。
-Ria: But there's a problem?
出了什么问题吗?
-Diane: Last week we got a report that Farida took part in massacres
take part in: 参加 massacre: 大屠杀
上周我们接到消息,说她参加过几场屠杀行动。
carried out by the rebels that held her.
carry out: 执行
发起者还是绑架她的造反者。
-Ria: Took part how?
怎么个参加法?
-Diane: Carried a gun, pulled the trigger.
pull: 拉 trigger: 扳机
开枪杀人的参加法


-Loker: Her memoir doesn't mention that.
memoir: 传遍,实录 mention: 提及,说起
她的传记里可没提这事啊
-Diane: If the reports are accurate, it's a disaster.
accurate: 精确的,准确的 disaster: 灾难
要是消息准确的话,我们可有大麻烦了。
It means the whole book's a lie.
到时候这书就是个彻头彻尾的谎言。
We're about to ship half a million copies.
be about to: 即将
现在50万册书马上就要装运了。
Now, is there any way that you can find out if there's any truth to these accusations?
find out: 找出,查明 accusation: 控告,指控
你们有什么方法能确认这些传言的准确性吗?
-Loker: We'll have to talk to her about what happened and see how she reacts
react: 反应
我们需要先和她谈谈,了解一下事情的经过,看看她的反映。
-Diane: And you'll be discreet?
discreet: 谨慎的
请你们尽量小心一些,
Farida absolutely cannot know that you're investigating her.
absolutely: 绝对,完全 investigate: 调查
千万不能让Farida看出来你们在调查她。
-Loker: That won't be a problem.
没问题。
-Lightman: Gillian foster.
这位是Gillian Foster。
-Don: Don Hughes, youth investigation division at metro.
youth: 年轻人 investigation: 调查 division: 部门 metro: 主城区
我是Don Hughes ,市区青年案件调查署的。
-Foster: Detective.
警官您好。
-Lightman: Mr. Hughes is here to welcome us to the Burch case.
welcome to: 欢迎
Hughes先生特地来欢迎我们加入Samantha Burch的案子。
-Don: Welcome isn't the word I'd use.
我可没有欢迎的意思。
-Foster: Well, we won't get in your way, detective.
get in the way: 阻挡,妨碍
警官,我们不会妨碍您的工作。
-Don: Too late. You work for the Burches, right?
现在说晚了,你们不是已经接受Burche家的案子了?
As far as I'm concerned, they're still suspects.
as far as: 至于 concerned: 关心 suspect: 嫌疑犯
在我看来,只要他们没有摆脱嫌疑,
That puts you right in my way.
你们的介入就妨碍了我的工作。
-Lightman: Well, they didn't kill their daughter.
但他们没杀人啊。
-Don: Really? Any other tips?
tip: 暗示,提示
是吗? 你有证据吗?
-Foster: We want to find Samantha as much as you do.
我们和您一样希望找到Samantha,
-Don: When a kid's been abducted this long, odds are she's dead.
abduct: 诱拐,绑走 odds: 机率,胜算
这孩子被绑架这么长时间还没找到,她很可能已经死了。
You going to help me find this girl's corpse?
corpse: 尸体
你们愿意帮我寻找她的尸体?
-Lightman: How do you know she was abducted?
你怎么知道她被绑架了?
-Foster: And what about the traffic cam photo?
还有你怎么解释摄像头拍下的照片?
-Don: Lorraine Burch knit that sweater for Samantha off
knit: 编织 sweater: 毛衣
Lorraine Burch给Samantha织的那件毛衣


of a pattern that sold up and down the east coast.
pattern: 式样,图案,典范 up and down: 上上下下【到处】
东海岸满大街都是那款式,
Could have been anyone.
照片上很有可能就是别人。
-Lightman: Maybe she just ran away.
run away: 潜逃,跑开,逃跑
也许她是离家出走了。
-Don: There's no evidence of abuse or neglect
evidence: 证据 abuse: 滥用,虐待 neglect: 忽视
我们没有找到任何暴力虐待或家庭忽视的迹象,
in the home, no alcoholism or drug use.
alcoholism: 酗酒 drug use: 吸毒,药物使用
更没有酗酒或吸毒的情况。
-Foster: Those are the usual predictors of a run away, but Samantha was adopted.
usual: 通常的 predictor: 预言者 adopted: 被收养的,被采用的
你说的是儿童离家出走的常规判断因素,而Samantha是领养儿童,
It's possible she had attachment issues—
possible: 可能的 attachment: 附属,依恋 issue: 问题
很有可能她是因为缺乏归属感,
difficulty forming a relationship with the Burches.
form: 形成 relationship: 关系,关联
无法和Burch夫妇建立家庭感情,
That could have made her run away.
这才离家出走的。
-Heidi: Uh, excuse me, the tipsters are here.
excuse me: 对不起,打扰一下 tipster: 情报贩子
嗯,打扰一下,有Samantha消息的人都已经来了
-Foster: You want to stick around for this?
stick around: 在附近徘徊,停留
你要留下来看看吗?
-Don: This is going to take you forever to listen to all these people.
forever: 永远 listen to: 收听,听
这么多人你一辈子也和他们谈不完啊。
-Lightman: Fortunately, I don't have to.
fortunately: 幸运,幸亏
好在不是所有人得谈。
Excuse me. Excuse me,
借过,借过,
please. Excuse me, excuse me.
谢谢,借过,
Uh, thanks for coming, ladies and gentlemen.
嗯,女士们先生们,谢谢你们来到这里。
Now, I know you've been told that the Burch Family have put forward a $100,000 reward.
put forward: 提出
我知道大家都听说Burch家把赏金提到了10万美金
Okay, that reward has now been withdrawn.
withdrawn: 撤退,撤消
但是现在,赏金撤销了。
-Brian: What the hell is he doing?
what the hell: 究竟,到底
他这是在干什么?
It took us months to raise that money.
raise: 筹集
我们花了好几个月才筹到钱的。
-Lorraine: They're all leaving.
他们都走啦。
-Foster: Some are leaving. Dr. Lightman just eliminated the financial incentive to lie.
eliminate: 消除,排除 financial incentive: 经济激励,福利金
只走了一些而已,Lightman博士是在甄别为钱而来的人。
-Lightman: Now, the police have arrested Edward Stentz in connection with Samantha Burch's disappearance.
arrest: 逮捕 in connection with: 与…有联系,与…相关的 disappearance: 消失
Edward Stentz因涉

嫌参与Samantha失踪案,已经被警方逮捕了。
Anyone who can give me any information on Edward Stentz, could you please raise your hands?
information: 信息
有谁可以提供Edward Stentz的信息,请举起手来。
You can all leave.
举手的都可以离开了。
-Lorraine: Who's Edward Stentz?
Edward Stentz是谁?
-Foster: He doesn't exist.
exist: 存在
没有这个人。
The people who said they knew something about him are overclaimers...
overclaimer: 过分的要求的人【顺竿爬,谎报事实】
凡是说知道这个人的,都是在虚报事实,
lying to get attention.
为了引起我们注意。
-Lightman: The rest of you, if you could just follow me…
the rest of: …的其余部分
剩下的各位,请跟我来
-Deirdre: I didn't know Sam that well.
我跟Sam不是特别熟,
We were in Guys and Dolls, but... She was the lead, I was just in the chorus, so…
lead: 引领,榜样 chorus: 合唱,齐声说道
我们都是男孩儿女孩儿合唱团的,但是她是领唱,我是合唱的。所以...
-Foster: It's okay. Deirdre, You're not in any trouble.
in trouble: 有麻烦
没关系的 Deirdre,把你知道的说出来,不会有麻烦的。
-Deirdre: Okay, well, there was this older boy-- Walter Grinwis.
好吧。有个叫Walter Grinwis的男孩儿,比我们大几岁。
He was always hanging around.
hang: 逗留 around: 围绕,大约,在周围
他总是围着Sam转。
He wouldn't leave her alone.
alone: 单独的,独自一人的
有事没事粘着Sam。
-Lightman: How old is Walter?
这个Walter几岁?
- Deirdre: An eighth-grader, maybe.
maybe: 也许,可能
他好像是上八年级
-Deirdre’s mum: When she told me about this Walter,
她跟我提到Walter后,
I called the tip line.
我就打了电话。
-Walter’dad: We called the police when we heard about Samantha.
我们听说Samantha的事情后,就给警察打了电话。
The officer asked Walter some questions,
警官问了Walter几个问题,
he thanked us for the call, that was it.
然后感谢我们打了电话,就这样。
-Walter’s mum: It's awful. Seems just like yesterday Walter was taking the bus with her.
awful: 可怕的,庄严的
太难过了,感觉Walter昨天还和她一起坐车来着。
-Lightman: You do that a lot, do you, Walter?
你总是这样吗,Walter?
Take the bus with Sam?
和Sam一起坐车?
-Walter: I guess.
算是吧。
-Foster: You were friends?
你们是朋友?
-Lightman: Don't have many friends, do you, eh?
你朋友不多,是吧?
I don't care. People are stupid.
stupid: 愚蠢的,笨的
我不在乎,他们都笨死了。
-Lightman: Not Sam, though, eh?
但Sam不笨,对吧?
-Walter’s mum: Where's that picture we have of you with Samantha?
你和Samantha的那张合照在哪?
Is it in your bedroom?
bedroom: 卧室
在你卧室吗?
-Lightman: Something's in your bedroom, isn't it, Walter

?
喔,你卧室肯定有什么吧,Walter?
Let's go and have a look.
have a look: 看一看
我们去看看。
-Walter’s dad: Hold on. What do you think you're doing?
你等一下。你这是在干什么?
-Foster: Are you afraid your son is hiding something?
afraid: 害怕,担心 hide: 隐藏
你是害怕你儿子藏了什么吗?
-Walter’s mum: No, of course not.
of course: 当然
当然不是。
-Lightman: Hey, Walter.
嘿,Walter
You know how to play “hot or cold ”yeah? Okay, am I hot?
你会玩“热不热”吧? 好,那你看我热吗?
-Walter: This is dumb.
dumb: 无言的,哑的,愚蠢的
你干什么,傻死了。
-Lightman: So I'm cold, right? Okay.
那就是不热咯? 好
How about now? Nope, still cold.
nope: 不,没有
现在呢? 哦,还是不热。
Am I getting warmer, Walter? Yeah.
现在有没有变热,Walter? 好像有。
Yeah, I am.
没错
-Walter’s dad: That's enough.
够了
You need a warrant before you can look through his things.
warrant: 委任状 look through: 彻底审查,看穿
你有搜查证才能搜我儿子东西。
-Lightman: No, I don't. I'm not with the police.
我不用,我又不是警方的人。
-Walter’s dad: I want you out of my house right now.
你给我滚出我家,马上滚。
-Lightman: Nice backpack, Walter.
backpack: 双肩背包
很漂亮的书包啊,Walter。
-Foster: Where is she?
她在哪?
-Don: I don't care how you found this.
care: 关心,介意
我不管你是怎么找到的,
It's got to be bagged, taken to the lab, and analyzed.
bag: 装袋 lab: 实验室 analyze: 分析
这应该包起来,带到实验室去做分析。
-Lightman: Can we just have a quick look in it?
quick: 快的,迅速的
我们可以先看一下吗?
-Don: Yeah, let's contaminate the evidence.
contaminate: 弄脏,污染 evidence: 证据
行啊,我们就破坏证物吧,
That'll help.
会对案子有帮助的。
-Foster: Detective, we need to see Walter's relationship with the bag.
relationship: 关系
警探,我们需要知道Walter和这个包有什么关系
If he killed Samantha, it's a trophy.
trophy: 奖品,战利品
如果他杀了Samantha,那这就是战利品。
Its contents will provoke arousal.
contents: 里面的东西 provoke: 惹起,驱使 arousal: 激励,鼓励
里面的东西会让他感到激动。
-Lightman: If this kid had anything to do with Samantha's disappearance,
要是这孩子和Samantha失踪有关,
we can tell you right here, right now.
我们现在就能给你个答案。
That's interesting.
interesting: 有趣的
有意思。
-Don: What?
什么?
-Lightman: He's not showing any negative emotion.
negative: 否定的,负面的 emotion: 情感,情绪
他没有表现出任何抵触情绪。
In fact, I think he's as surprised at the contents of the backpack as we are.
in fact: 事实上,实际上 contents: (常用复数)内有的物品
事实上

,对于包里的东西他和我们一样惊讶。
You've never looked in there, have you, Walter, eh?
你从没打开看过,是不是,Walter?
Why is that?
为什么?
-Walter: It's not mine.
这不是我的
-Foster: You were respecting Samantha's privacy.
respect: 尊重 privacy: 隐私,秘密
你很尊重Samantha的隐私。
Walter, did she bring this to you?
bring: 带来
Walter,是她给你的吗?
Ask you to keep it in case she needed it?
in case: 万一,假使
让你帮她保管以备不时之需?
We're not mad at Samantha. We just need to find her.
be mad at: 对…恼火
我们并没有生Samantha的气,我们只是想找到她。
-Walter: I said I'd keep it.
我答应帮她保管。
She asked me not to tell anyone.
她叫我不要告诉别人,
She trusted me.
她很信任我。
-Foster: That's a runaway kit.
kit: 装备,工具箱
这是个离家出走的包,
Kids put them together sometimes when they're thinking about leaving home.
孩子想离家出走把这些东西放在一起。
-Don: When d she give it to you?
她什么时候给你的?
-Walter: A couple of months before she went missing.
a couple of: 两个,几个 month: 月 miss: 失踪,错过
她失踪前的几个月,
I think she wanted to getaway from her mom and dad.
我觉得她可能想离开她的父母。
-Foster: Why?
为什么?
-Walter: I don't know.
我不知道
She didn't talk too much about it.
她不喜欢谈这个。
-Lightman: But she talked to her shrink.
shrink: 心理医生
但是她和她的心理医生说过。
Christina knowlton.
Christina Knowlton。
-Christina: Samantha saw me every other week.
every other week: 每隔一周,每两周
Samantha每隔一周过来见我一次,
She had issues stemming from her adoption.
issue: 问题 stem from: 源于,基于
领养给她带来一些问题,
I told the police everything I could.
我把一切都告诉警察了。
-Foster: What was the source of the issues?
source: 来源
问题的根源是什么?
-Christina: The dynamics were pretty complicated.
dynamics: 动力学【原因,缘由】pretty: 相当地 complicated: 复杂的
缘由很复杂。
-Lightman: Well, she may have run away.
她也许离家出走了,
Did she talk with you about that?
她跟你说过这个吗?
-Christina: Not directly, No.
directly: 直接地
没有直接和我说过。
-Lightman: Indirectly?
indirectly: 间接地
间接说过?
-Christina: I'm sorry, but I couldn't say.
抱歉,但我不能说。
-Foster: Samantha's in danger.
Samantha很危险,
Her parents are desperate.
desperate: 绝望的
她的父母很绝望。
There must be something that you can tell us.
你一定知道什么我们不知道的。
-Christina: I have a colleague who was treating a woman in an abusive marriage.
colleague: 同事 treat: 治疗 abusive: 虐待的,辱骂的 marriage: 婚姻
我的一个同事治疗遭受家庭暴

力的女人。
My colleague reported it to the police,
我同事报警了,
they arrested the husband,
警察抓了那个丈夫,
he got out on bail, and went home
on bail: 保释
他保释出来,
and shot his wife in the head.
shot: 射击
回家对着他老婆的头开了一枪。
I'm sure you can appreciate how I have to be careful what information leaves my office.
appreciate: 领会,欣赏
我不能乱讲希望你们明白我的难处。
-Lightman: You saying Samantha was abused?
你是说Samantha被虐待?
-Christina: I didn't say that.
我没这么说。
-Lightman: Yeah, you did.
你说了。
-Ria: Um, club soda.
汽水
-Loker: Cranberry spritzer, please.
红莓汽酒
-Ria: You'd get your ass kicked if you ordered that where I'm from.
ass: 臀部 kick: 踢 order: 点菜
要是在我家那边你点这个肯定会被揍的。
-Loker: I got my ass kicked where I'm from.
在我家那里也是一样。
-Ria: There she is.
她在那
-Loker: Farida Mugisha, woman of the hour.
person of the hour: 焦点人物
Farida Mugisha ,今天的主角。
-Farida: Hello.
你好
-Loker: Eli Loker. I loved your book.
Eli Loker,我很喜欢你的书。
-Ria: You have an incredible story.
incredible: 难以置信的
故事非常棒。
-Farida: Thank you.
谢谢
-Ria: I mean, everything you've done...
我的意思是,你所做的一切...
-Loker: Changing the world through peaceful resistance.
peaceful: 和平的 resistance: 反抗,抵抗
和平反抗,改变世界,
I mean, you're like Gandhi.
像甘地一样。
Except you don't look like a malnourished old man.
malnourished: 营养不良的
只不过你不是营养不良的老头。
-Farida: You're too kind.
你太客气了。
-Ria: You never turned to violence.
violence: 暴力
你从来不会诉诸暴力,
I guess a lot of the victims did?
victims: 受害者
很多受害者都会。
-Farida: We have to forgive them. Many had no choice.
forgive: 原谅
得原谅他们,很多人别无选择。
I was lucky.
我只是幸运了。
-Ria: Lucky how?
怎么说?
-Farida: I was never forced to participate in the massacres.
be forced to: 被迫做… participate: 参加 massacre: 屠杀
我从来没有被迫参与大屠杀。
-Ria: That's really lucky, isn't it?
那还真的很幸运呢。
-Farida: I'm thankful every day.
thankful: 感谢的
我每天都充满感恩,
I don't think I'd have the strength to live with something like that.
strength: 力量,力气
我肯定没勇气背负着那种事度日,
Well, I should get back to our hosts, but I'm speaking at Seaver hall this evening.
get back to: 重新回到 hall: 大厅,礼堂
我得回主办人那边去了,但今晚我会在Seaver大厅演讲,
I hope you'll come.
希望你们能来。
-Loker: Oh, I look forward to it.
look forward to: 展望,期待
我很期待。
-Farida: Bring your book. I'll sign if you'd like.
sign: 签字

书带来,我可以签名。
-Loker: I would like.
would like: 想要,愿意
太好了。
No shame when she talked about the violence.
shame: 羞愧 violence: 暴力
她谈起暴力的时候没有感到羞愧,
It's hard to believe she killed anybody.
believe: 相信
很难想象她杀了人。
Did you see anything?
你看出什么了吗?
-Ria: No. We should go hear her speak.
没有。我们应该去听她演讲。
-Loker: Yeah, she wanted to sign my book.
对,她想给我签名,
I think we had a connection.
我们很合得来。
-Ria: Oh, Yeah. 'Cause Ugandan women can't resist a guy with a girly drink.
resist: 抵抗,耐得住
没错,乌干达女人对喝着女人饮料的男人难以抗拒。
- Mrs. Burch: Samantha did not run away.
Samantha没有离家出走。
Whatever you may have been told.
不管你们听到什么。
-Foster: It's something we have to consider, Mrs. Burch.
Burch夫人,我们必须考虑这个可能性。
-Lightman: Sorry, sorry.
抱歉抱歉
Oh, I gotta take this. Yeah,
我要接个电话,
um, it's my daughter. Just a sec.
是我女儿,稍等片刻。
Hello? Absolutely not. 'Cause I said so.
absolutely not: 绝对不行,绝对不是
你好,当然不行,我说不行就不行,
No, I said absolutely not. We..
不,我说了不行,我们...
don't be such a bitch! Shut up! Stop it!
shut up: 关闭,闭嘴
别这么死缠烂打,闭嘴,停止。
How'd we do?
怎么样?
-Foster: Sympathy, then horror.
sympathy: 同情 horror: 恐惧
同情,然后恐惧。
-Lightman: Oh, good.
很好
Yeah, thanks, love. No, it was
好的,谢谢,宝贝。不,
fine. It was good, very good.
很好,很好,
Well, depends when I finish. All right, yeah,
好,等我结束,好的
I love you. I love you, too. Yeah. Okay, bye.
我爱你,我也爱你,再见。
-Brian: So, what the hell was that?
what the hell: 到底,究竟是什么
这是在搞什么?
-Lightman: Well, I'm not an abusive parent.
abusive: 有虐待倾向的
我不是有暴力倾向的父亲。
-Foster: And it doesn't look like you are either.
看来你们也不是。
-Brian: You think this is some kind of game?
你们觉得这是闹着玩的吗?
you think we abused our daughter?
你觉得我们虐待女儿?
-Lorraine: Brian.
Brian
-Foster: I'm sorry, Mr. Burch, but we had to rule it out.
rule out: 消除,排除
抱歉 Burch先生,但我们必须先排除这个可能。
-Brian: This is how you people treat your clients?
client: 委托方,客户
你们就这么对待客户的?
I mean, this is a good family. This is a happy family!
我们的家庭很好,很幸福。
-Lorraine: Samantha and I are very close.
close: 亲近的
Samantha和我很亲近。
-Lightman: You know what, I think you're telling the truth. I do.
我觉得你说的是事实。
But you, on the other hand, there's something you're not saying.
on the other hand: 另一

方面
但是你,却有所隐瞒。
-Brian: No, she's saying everything.
不,她没有隐瞒。
-Foster: It's all right, Mrs. Burch. You can tell us.
没关系的,Burch夫人,你可以告诉我们。
-Lorraine: You never saw what she was like when she was alone with me, Brian.
Brian 你从来没见过,她和我独处是什么样的。
A few weeks before Samantha disappeared she threw one of her tantrums.
tantrum: 发脾气,发怒
Samantha失踪前几个礼拜,她又发了很大的脾气。
And I tried to hold her. I tried, but she was so strong.
strong: 强壮
我想抱住她,但是她太强壮了。
And she... she pushed me away. I don't know…
push: 推
她,她把我推开了,我不知道...
I don't know how this happened.
happen: 发生
我不知道为什么会这样。
-Foster: Go on.
继续
-Lorraine: She fell into the stove and her shirt touched one of the burners.
stove: 炉子 burner: 炉
她摔到火炉了,衬衫碰到了炉子,
And it caught on fire and it burned her back.
catch on fire: 着火 burn: 烧伤,烧焦
衣服着了火,烧到她的后背。
It was an accident.
accident: 事故,意外的事
这是个意外。
Samantha felt guilty about it and I was...
guilty: 内疚
Samantha感到很内疚我...
I was so ashamed. So, we didn't tell you, and I went to the hospital alone.
ashamed: 惭愧,害臊 hospital: 医院
我感到很羞愧,我们没有告诉你。我自己带她去了医院。
it was an accident. I'm so sorry, Brian. I'm so sorry, Brian.
这是个意外抱歉 Brian 抱歉
But it wasn't... it wasn't my fault.
fault: 故障,过失
但这不是我的错,
It's not my fault that she's gone. It's not my fault.
她走了不是我的错。不是我的错。
-Foster: It's okay. It's okay.
没关系,没关系
Sometimes adopted kids have trouble connecting.
connect: 联系【这里可理解为沟通】
有时领养的孩子会有沟通困难,
Thousands of mothers go through it.
thousands of: 数千的,不计其数的 go through: 经历
很多母亲都经历过。
It's nothing to be ashamed of. Okay?
这没什么好羞愧的,好么?
Given what happened at home, you have to consider the possibility that Samantha ran away.
consider: 考虑 possibility: 可能
考虑到家里出的事,很有可能Samantha是离家出走了。
-Don: Unless none of it happened and
unless: 除非 none of: 当中没人
也许这些都没有发生,
they're pulling the wool over our eyes.
wool: 毛线,毛织品
我们被他们糊弄了。
You know how many abusive parents I've seen fake tears?
abusive: 辱骂的,虐待的
我看过很多暴力父母假惺惺的眼泪。
-Lightman: Ah, they're not faking it.
fake: 诈骗,作伪
他们没有假装。
-Don: We'll see.
走着瞧吧。
Still, if she was burned that badly, she needed more treatment.
badly: 严重地,极度地
但是,如果

她真的被严重烧伤了。她需要更多治疗。
I'll have my people check the hospitals and clinics.
check: 检查 clinic: 诊所
我会叫人去医院和诊所查。
-Lightman: Thank you. You know, you were very good at there, with Mrs. Burch.
be good at: 擅长
谢谢。你刚才安慰Burch太太,做得很不错嘛。
Very nurturing. Maybe you should get a puppy.
nurturing: 善解人意的,有母爱的 puppy: 小狗
很有母爱,也许你应该养个小狗。
I could talk to Obama's people.
我可以和奥巴马的人说。
-Foster: Alec has allergies.
allergy: 过敏
Alec有过敏症。
-Lightman: Poodles. No fur. They have hair.
poodle: 狮子狗 fur: 毛皮
养狮子狗,没毛,它们长头发的。
-Foster: That's not what it's about.
不是这么回事。
-Farida: I watched as they murdered almost every member of the village.
murder: 凶杀,谋杀 almost: 几乎,差不多 member: 成员 village: 村庄
我看着他们几乎杀了村里所有人,
The rest of us they dragged into the bush, where I was made a rebel officer's wife.
drag: 拖动 bush: 灌木丛 rebel: 叛民 officer: 官员 wife: 妻子
剩下的人被拖到荒村。我成为叛军军官的老婆,
The horrors I saw are beyond compare.
horror: 恐惧 beyond compare: 无与伦比
我看到的恐惧无可比拟。
Rape. Torture. Massacres carried out by child soldiers.
rape: 强奸 torture: 折磨 massacre: 屠杀
强奸,折磨。小孩士兵进行屠杀,
Northern Uganda has been stuck in this nightmare…
stuck in: 忙碌的 nightmare: 噩梦
北乌干达陷入了噩梦中...
-Loker: No deception leakage.
deception: 骗局 leakage: 泄漏
没有撒谎的迹象。
She wasn't involved in the massacres.
be involved in: 涉及
她和这个大屠杀无关。
-Ria: She seems pretty anxious.
anxious: 焦虑的,焦急的
她似乎很焦虑。
-Loker: Well, it's not unusual. She's speaking in front of a big group of people
unusual: 不寻常的,异常的 in front of : 在…前面
这也正常,毕竟当着这么多人演讲。
-Farida: Thank you all so much for coming out to support peace in northern Uganda.
非常感谢各位,支持北乌干达和平。
Thank you for coming.
感谢你们的到来,
I hope my speech wasn't too long and boring.
boring: 令人厌烦的
希望我的演讲没有太冗长。
-Loker: Oh, no, no, no, we're fans.
不会不会,我们可是粉丝。
-Ria: Yeah, you looked a little nervous up there.
nervous: 紧张的
是啊,你在台上看起来有点紧张。
-Farida: You'd think I'd be used to public speaking by now
be used to: 习惯于,适应于 public: 公开的,公共的
你可能觉得我对演讲习以为常了,
but I'll admit, my heart still races.
admit: 承认 race: 竞赛,动作很快
但我不得不承认,我还是很紧张。
-Loker: Oh, I-I brought my copy of your book.
我带来了你的书,
You promised to sign it.
promise

: 允诺 sign: 签字
你答应给我签名的。
-Farida: Of course. This is for both of you?
of course: 当然 both of: 两者都
好的,是给你们两个吗?
-Loker: Oh, no, no, no, we're not together.
不是不是,我们没有在一起,
No, we came together. But it is not a date.
不,我们一起来的,但不是约会。
-Farida: Well, it was nice to meet you both.
很高兴认识二位。
-Loker: What?
怎么了?
We heard Ms. Mugisha speak twice about the massacres.
Mugisha两次提到大屠杀事件。
When she denied being involved there was
deny: 拒绝
当她否认卷入其中时,
no increase in what we call manipulators
increase: 增加 manipulator: 操纵者,操作者,晶体调位器【小动作】
小动作没有增多,
and no visible micro expressions.
visible: 可见的,看得见的 micro: 微小的 expression: 表情
也没有明显的微表情。
-Diane: And what's that in English?
听不懂。
-Loker: She said she didn't kill anyone, and she was telling the truth.
她说她没有杀人,这话是实话。
-Diane: Great. That's it, then.
太好了,那就这样了。
-Ria: I think We might want to take another look at her.
我觉得我们该再拜访一下她。
-Diane: Why?
为什么?
-Ria: There's something about her.
她身上有些...
Something's... something's not right.
有些不对劲的地方。
-Diane: Do you have any evidence to support that?
evidence: 证据 support: 支持,赞成
你有什么证据吗?
-Ria: No, but if we brought her back in--
没有,但如果我们把她带来…
-Diane: I don't have time for this. I came
我没那么多闲功夫,
in for your report. What is it?
就是来听报告的,结果是啥?
-Loker: There's no evidence that she's lying.
没有证据表明她在撒谎。
-Diane: That's what I needed to hear. Thanks very much.
我就是要听这个,非常感谢。
-Ria: Iguess Mugisha gets to meet Oprah.
我猜Mugisha可以见Oprah了
What's it say?
上面写些什么?
-Loker: "Eli, thank you for listening.
"Eli 谢谢你来听演讲,
I hope to see you again."
希望再次见到你"。
And, uh... that's her phone number.
还有...她的电话号码。
-Foster: Thanks for calling us, detective.
谢谢你打电话给我们,警探。
-Lightman: Where'd you get this prize, then?
你们从哪找到的?
-Don: Canvassing the hospitals.
canvas: 彻底检查,细究 hospital: 医院
调查医院时,
He was working as a nurse at the free clinic in Mount Pleasant.
nurse: 护士
他在Mount Pleasant一家免费诊所当护士。
Seemed a little off, so we ran him.
感觉不太对劲,就查了查他。
Turns out, he was working under a false name.
turn out: 发现 false: 假的
发现他用的是假名,
Guy's a registered pedophile.
register: 登记 pedophile: 恋童癖者
他是名记录在案的恋童癖者。
-Lightman: Whoopsie.
啊哦


-Foster: Why bring us in?
为什么找我们来?
We haven't been able to get anything out of him.
我们无法从他身上得到信息,
You guys have done okay so far.
so far: 目前为止
你们到目前为止表现还不错。
-Lightman: He's got something for us.
他的确有料。
-Don: Let's hope.
希望如此。
-Lightman: No, I'm telling you.
不,我是说真的。
He's trying not to give himself away.
give away: 放弃,泄漏
他在试图掩盖,
This guy knows something.
这家伙知道些事。
-Kevin: Hey,I told the detectives I haven't seen the girl.
我跟警官说了,我没见过这女孩。
-Lightman: Yeah, I know. I don't believe you.
嗯我知道,但我不相信你。
-Kevin: Well, I'm telling the truth.
我说的是实话。
-Lightman: No, you're not; you're lying.
不,你没有,你在撒谎。
-Kevin: No.
没有
-Lightman: No, you are. You're lying, yeah.
不,你有,你在撒谎。
-Kevin: I never touched her, all right?
touch: 接触,碰触
我没有碰过她,好吧?
-Lightman: Now, that's the truth.
现在,说的是实话。
I don't think you're even attracted to her, are you?
我觉得她对你没有吸引力,是不?
But you have seen her. Right?
但你见过她,对吧?
-Kevin: If I say I saw her, they'll say that I hurt her.
如果我说见过,他们会说我伤害了她。
Even you think I hurt her.
连你也这么想。
-Lightman: No, that's not true. I don't
不,不是这样的。
think you hurt her. I don’t.
我不认为你伤害了她,我不这么想。
Now, you're sweating. And you're frail.
frail: 虚弱的
现在,你在流汗,你很虚弱,
Desperately trying to control yourself.
desperately: 拼命地
极力控制你自己,
What are you on?
你在服用什么?
-Kevin: I take Mdcoprogesterone.
黄体酮
-Lightman: That's for chemical castration, right?
chemical: 化学的 castration: 阉割
用于化学阉割的,对吧?
You're doing that to yourself?
你自己对自己这样?
-Kevin: I don't want to hurt any more kids.
我不想再伤害小孩子了。
-Lightman: Good for you. That's nice.
做得好,不错。
So, where did you see her, then?
那么,你在哪见到她的?
-Kevin: At the clinic. She has a full thickness burn.
thickness: 厚度,一层
在诊所,她重度烧伤。
And she comes in every other Wednesday so I can treat it.
每隔一个星期三来让我治疗。
-Lightman: Keep taking the pills, Kevin.
pill: 药丸
继续服药,Kevin。
-Loker: I got it.
我拿来了。
-Farida: Dinner was wonderful--thank you.
wonderful: 精彩的,极好的
晚餐太棒了,谢谢。
Well, if you think dinner was good, wait for the tour.
如果你觉得晚餐不错,那就更要期待巡回售书了。
What are these pictures?
这些照片干嘛的?
-Loker: Well, uh, the faces are speaking.
脸会说话。
-F

arida: What are they saying?
他们说些什么?
-Loker: They're telling the truth about what each person is feeling.
他们说出每个人内心的感受,
That's what we do here.
我们在这里就是干这事。
We... we read faces and body language, and we try to spot lies.
body language: 身体语言 spot: 污点,认出
我们... 我们看脸与肢体语言,我们尽力辨别谎言。
Look,Agony. Contempt. Disgust.
agony: 极度的痛苦,创痛 contempt: 轻视,轻蔑 disgust: 厌恶
看,痛苦,轻蔑,厌恶。
-Farida: They look the same on everybody?
look the same: 看起来很像
所有人都一样吗?
-Loker: Yeah, they're universal.
universal: 普遍的,通用的
对,这些表情非常普遍。
-Farida: I don't believe it.
我不相信。
-Loker: Well, I peed sitting down till I was ten.
pee: 小便
我10岁之前都是蹲着小便。
See? Your eyes widened: Surprise.
widen: 弄宽 surprise: 惊讶
看见没? 你的眼睛睁大了,惊讶。
An American politician, a French president and you.
politician: 政治家,政客 president: 总统
美国政客,法国总统和你
It's the same expression using the same muscles.
expression: 表情 muscle: 肌肉
用同样的肌肉展现同样的表情。
-Farida: That's remarkable.
remarkable: 异常的,非凡的,值得注意的
真不可思议。
What?
怎么了?
-Loker: I was...
我...
just imagining a thousand things I want to do with you.
imagine: 想像
在想象有很多事想跟你一起做。
-Farida: Let's go for a ride.
我们去骑车吧
-Police A: Not her.
不是她。
-Don: It's been two hours. You think we can trust that pervert?
pervert: 变态
过了二个小时了,你觉得我们可以信那变态?
-Lightman: Yeah, in my experience, self-castrating pedophiles generally tell the truth.
experience: 经历,经验 pedophiles: 恋童癖者 generally: 一般地
以我的经验,自我阉割的恋童癖者一般说的都是真话。
-Police A: Got another one.
又来一个。
-Lightman: That's her.
是她
-Don: You sure?
你确定?
-Lightman: Yeah. Yeah, look at her eyes.
对,对,看她的眼睛。
-Police A: Samantha Burch? I'm a police officer. I'm here to help you.
Samantha Burch? 我是警察,我是来帮你的
-Lightman: She's going to run. She's going to run.
她要跑了,她要跑了,
There she goes.
她跑了。
-Samantha: No! No, let me go, let me go!
不要!不要,放开我,放开我!
-Police B: We're not going to hurt you. It's okay.
我们不会伤害你的,没事了。
-Lorraine: Where is she?
她在哪?
-Foster: She's in with child protective services.
protective: 保护的,防卫的 service: 服务
她跟儿童保护机构的人在里面。
-Don: Follow me.
follow: 跟随
跟我来。
-Brian: Oh, my god. She's here.
哦,我的天,她在这里。
-Lorraine: Samantha. Let me see her.
S

amantha,让我看看她。
Oh, my baby. My little girl. It's really you. It's really you.
哦,我的孩子,我的小宝贝。真的是你,真的是你。
Oh, Samantha, thank god. You're all right--Samantha.
哦 Samantha 谢天谢地,你没事吧 Samantha?
-Samantha: My name is Jessica, and I have to get home before my curfew.
curfew: 宵禁
我叫Jessica 我得在宵禁之前回家。
-Brian: Sammy... sweetheart... don't you recognize us?
sweetheart: 甜心,亲爱的 recognize: 认出,认可
Sammy... 亲爱的...你认不出我们了?
-Samantha: My name is Jessica, and I have to get home before my curfew.
我叫Jessica ,我得在宵禁之前回家。
-Lightman: Now, Samantha swallowed when she saw her parents.
swallow: 吞咽,咽口水
看,Samantha见到她父母时做了个吞咽动作。
And she swallowed again when she said her name was Jessica.
当她说她叫Jessica时又做了这个动作。
-Foster: Swallowing is a sign of strong emotion.
sign: 符号,迹象 emotion: 情感,情绪
吞咽动作代表强烈感情。
-Lightman: So, she recognized her parents, she lied
所以说,她认出了父母
about her name, and she knew she was lying.
谎报了名字,她知道自己在说谎。
-Don: She's too clean and well fed to be a runaway.
too…to: 太…以至于不
她打扮干干净净,感觉吃的不错,不像逃跑的孩子。
Could she have Stockholm syndrome?
Stockholm Syndrome: 斯德歌尔摩症候群
她会不会患上了斯德歌尔摩综合症?(受害人对施害人产生感情)
-Foster: It seems more like battered person syndrome.
battered: 磨损的,受虐待的 syndrome: 综合症
更像是受虐综合症。
-Don: No bruises, no cuts. No signs of sexual abuse.
bruise: 瘀青,擦伤 sexual abuse: 性虐待
没有淤伤,没有刀伤,没有性侵犯的痕迹。
-Foster: Yeah, but with kids, just the threat of abuse is sometimes enough to control them.
threat: 威胁,恐吓 control: 控制
对,但对孩子来说,有时恐吓就足以控制他们了。
-Lightman: We need her to name her abductor, right?
abductor: 诱拐者
我们得要她说出诱拐者的名字,对吧?
So, we have to break their bond.
break: 分开,破坏 bond: 结合
我们要破坏他们之前的联系。
You any good with kids, detective?
善于和孩子打交道吗,警探?
-Loker: Elements of content-based analysis. These are Foster's books.
element: 原理,基础 content-based: 基于内容的 analysis: 分析
《内容分析法》这些是Foster的书。
-Ria: Yeah, I borrowed a few. Been doing some research.
borrow: 借
对,我借了些来,做点研究。
-Loker: Okay... into what?
好啊... 关于什么的?
-Ria: Uh, Mugisha. I've been trying to figure out what felt wrong about her.
figure out: 算出,想出
啊,Mugisha。我一直在试图找出她什么地方不对劲。
-Loker: What do you mean?
你这话是什么意思?
-Ria:

Just... listen.
听着... 就是了
-Farida: The rebels agreed to a cease-fire a week before my birthday.
rebel: 叛民 agree to: 同意 cease: 停止
叛军同意在我生日前一周停火,
But without the support of the international community,
without: 无,没有 support: 支持 the international community: 国际社会
但没有得到国际社会的支持,
talks broke down by Christmas.
break down: 临时出故障,坏了的
会谈在圣诞节那天破裂了。
-Ria: A week before my birthday, talks broke down by Christmas?
我生日前一周,会谈在圣诞节那天破裂?
-Loker: Yeah, those details are contextual embedding.
detail: 细节 contextual: 文脉上的,上下文的 embed: 埋入,埋藏
是,这些细节都是与内容相关的,
Means she's telling the truth.
也就是说她说的是实话。
-Ria: Yeah, but later, there's a change.
对,但后面就变了。
-Farida: I watched as they murdered almost every member of the village.
murder: 谋杀 almost: 几乎 member: 成员 village: 村庄
我看着他们几乎杀了村里所有人,
The rest of us they dragged into the bush, where I was made a rebel officer's wife.
drag: 拖动 bush: 灌木丛 rebel: 叛徒,反叛者 officer: 官员
剩下的人被拖到荒村,我成为叛军军官的老婆。
-Ria: No more contextual embedding.
contextual: 上下文的,文脉的 embedding: 埋入,埋葬
没有内容相关细节了
She's lying.
她在撒谎
-Farida: The horrors I saw were beyond compare...
horror: 恐惧 beyond compare: 无与伦比
我所看的的恐惧无法比拟。
-Loker: That's, uh, not bad for a rookie, but it's wrong.
rookie: 新手
对新手来说很不错了。但你错了,
That's not a conversation. It's a speech.
conversation: 对话,演讲 speech: 演讲
这又不是对话,是场演讲。
It's written, it's memorized.
memorize: 记录,记下,背好
是写下来,背好的。
You don't know what you're talking about.
你不知道你在说些什么,
All right, maybe you should just read up a little more.
read up: 攻读,熟读,研读
好吧,或许你该多读点书。
-Ria: She got nervous when you told her what we do here--she touched her face.
nervous: 紧张
你跟她说我们这研究什么时,她紧张了,她摸了下她的脸,
That's a manipulator.
她有小动作。
-Loker: Oh, now you're an expert on manipulators...
expert on: …方面的专家
哦你对这又在行了是吧,
because six weeks ago, you didn't even know what that was.
六星期前,你都不知道那是什么东西。
-Ria: Okay, you just don't see what's going on here,
你看不清楚状况,
because you've got a thing for her.
那是因为你对她有意思。
-Loker: That's not true.
不是这样的,
I saw that she didn't mention details about the atrocities.
atrocity: 暴行
我知道她没提暴行的细节。
Did you ever stop to thi

nk that maybe she doesn't want to remember?
remember: 记得,记忆
你有没有想过,或许是她不想去回忆?
-Ria: I'm bringing this to Foster.
我会告诉Foster的。
-Loker: You do what ever the hell you want.
the hell: 究竟,到底
随你的便。
-Don: Samantha.
Samantha,
I know that you know your name is Samantha.
我知道你清楚自己叫Samantha
I know that you're scared.
scared: 恐惧的,害怕的
我知道你很害怕。
-Larraine: What is he saying to her?
他在跟她说什么?
-Lightman: He's telling her that you love her, but I
他告诉她你们爱她,
really think that she should hear that from you.
但我真觉得该由你们来说。
-Larraine: I've tried. She doesn't hear me.
我试过了,她不听我的。
-Foster: I know it seems that way.
seem: 似乎,好像
我了解,表面上是那样。
You reach out to her, and then she rejects you, and you can't help but recoil.
reach out to: 接触,联系 reject: 拒绝,丢弃 recoil: 退却,畏缩
你去抱她,她回避你,你没办法只有放弃。
-Larraine: You don't know what it's like.
你不知道我的感受,
You're not a mother.
你没有当妈妈。
-Foster: No, but I was.
是的,但我曾经是。
My husband and I adopted a baby girl last year.
husband: 丈夫
我丈夫和我去年领养了个小女孩,
We brought her home from Delaware,
brought: bring的过去式,带来
我们从特拉华州带回家。
and we bathed her and rocked her to sleep and built a nursery.
bathe: 沐浴,给…洗澡 rock: 摇摆,摇动【此处意为哄小孩子睡觉】 nursery: 托儿所,婴儿房
我们给她洗澡,哄她睡觉,还给她准备了婴儿房。
In Delaware, the birth mother has 60 days to change her mind.
birth mother: 生母
在特拉华州生母在60天内可以改主意,
We made it to day 57.
我们只做了57天的父母。
And I didn't get to keep my baby, but...yours is right there. You know, you need to talk to her.
我没能留住我的孩子,但...你的孩子在你面前,你得跟她交谈。
-Larraine: What was your daughter's name?
你女儿叫什么名字?
-Foster: Sophie.
Sophie
-Larraine: I tried so hard.
我尽力了。
-Foster: Look, Samantha needs to know that you love her, no matter what she does.
no matter what: 无论什么
Samantha需要知道不论她做什么,你都会爱她。
-Lightman: I think you should tell her.
我认为你应该告诉她,
Then maybe she'll tell us who took her.
或许她会告诉我们谁带走了她。
-Foster: It's the only way she'll start seeing you as her mother.
只有这样,才能让她把你当作母亲
-Larraine: Hey, Samantha.
嘿 Samantha
I'm here. I'm right here.
我来了。我就在这。
You can say you're not my daughter.
你可以说你不是我女儿,
You can say you're not my Sammy.
你可以说你不是我的Sammy
You can try to push me away, but I'm you're mother, a

nd I'll always find you.
push: 推 always: 总是
你可以拒绝我,但我是你的妈妈,我总会去找你。
I'm your mother. I love you, and I'm not going anywhere.
我是你的妈妈,我爱你,我哪也不去。
-Samantha: Mom. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
妈妈,对不起,对不起。
-Larraine: It's okay.
没事。
-Samantha: I was worried about Heather.
worry about: 担心
我只是担心Heather。
-Foster: Who's Heather?
谁是Heather?
-Samantha: She's the other girl.
她是另一个女孩。
-Foster: What other girl?
什么另一个女孩?
-Samantha: The other girl who was taken.
另一个被带走的女孩。
-Lightman: Who's Heather? Do you know her last name?
last name: 姓氏
Heather是谁,你知道她的姓么?
-Samantha: I can't tell you.
我不能告诉你。
-Lightman: You afraid? What are you afraid of?
afraid of: 害怕
你害怕么,你在害怕什么?
-Foster: Samantha... no one is going to take you again.
again: 再次
Samantha...没人会再把你带走。
-Lightman: We got you now, darling.
亲爱的,我们会保护你。
-Samantha: I could go outside... Or heather could.
我可以出门 Heather也可以,
But never at the same time.
never: 从不 the same time: 同时
但不能同时出来。
-Foster: Go out where?
从哪出来?
-Samantha: We always had to be back by noon.
我们得在中午前回去。
-Lightman: Where? Back where?
哪,回哪?
-Samantha: She's still there.
她还在那。
-Don: We'll get her out of there safe, honey. Just tell us where she is.
我们会把她安全救出来的,亲爱的,告诉我们她在哪。
-Samantha: I can't tell you. I can't tell you.
我不能告诉你,我不能说。
-Farida: You bring all your dates here?
date: 约会
你每次约会都来这么?
-Loker: Just the Ugandan peace activists.
peace: 和平 activist: 活动分子,积极分子
只和乌干达和平活动家才来这。
Actually, I don't... I don't go out on many dates.
actually: 事实上,实际上
实际上,我...我不总约会。
-Farida: Why not?
为什么?
-Loker: People lie to you with polite conversation.
polite conversation: 礼貌的交谈
人们总用礼节性的谈话来欺骗你,
Then, when they finally show themselves to you,
finally: 最后,最终
当他们最后坦诚相见的时候,
you realize you've spent all that time with a stranger.
realize: 了解,领悟,察觉 stranger: 陌生人
才意识到你把所有的时间花在了个陌生人上。
-Farida: I promise not to make any polite conversation.
promise: 允诺,约定
我保证不说礼节性的话
What is it?
怎么了
-Loker: Uh, Torres, the woman I was with at your speech…
Torres 那天与我来听你演讲的女人,
she thinks you're lying about...well, it's hard to exp…
她认为你在撒谎,这很难解释。
you touched your ear.
你摸了耳朵。
-Farida: Does that mean I'

m lying?
那就说明我说谎了么?
-Loker: Are you?
你说了么?
What part of your story isn't true?
你的故事哪一部分是假的?
Is any of it true?
或者都是假的。
-Farida: Who would make up such a terrible story?
make up: 编造,虚构 terrible: 可怕的,糟糕的
谁愿意编一个这么恐怖的故事?
Do you know how many people are taken in my country?
你知道我国家有多少人被掳走吗?
Do you have any idea what that does to a person?
你知道这对一个人意味着什么吗?
-Loker: You were never taken, were you?
你从来没被掳走,不是么?
-Farida: They're children.
他们是孩子。
Children who have seen unspeakable things. Made to do unspeakable things.
unspeakable: 不能用语言表达的
目睹过可怕的事的孩子们,被迫去做些可怕的事。
-Loker: But it's a lie. It never happened to you.
但那是谎言从没发生在你身上
-Farida: It happened. It's happening.
发生了,一直在发生,
But nobody listened until there was a face. My face. My story.
但没人站出来,就没人会听。我站出来了,讲述我的故事。
-Loker: Every lie has consequences that you can't see coming.
consequence: 结果,后果
每个谎言都会有预料不到的后果。
-Farida: Someone needed to speak.
必须有人去说。
I was educated in the west. When I talk, people like you hear me.
educate: 教育
我在西方接受教育,我说了,像你这样的人就会倾听。
My country is being torn apart by violence and shame
torn: 撕开,扯裂 violence: 暴力 shame: 耻辱
我的国家正在被暴力和耻辱分裂着,
and I would do anything to stop the killing.
我愿意做任何事情去阻止杀戮。
What are you going to do, Eli?
你要怎么办,Eli?
-Don: This other girl-- Heather--
另一个女孩 Heather
might be Heather Mahome.
可能是Heather Mahome
Disappeared about three months ago. Kid, recently placed.
place: 放置,安置
三个月前失踪,是最近被安置寄养的孩子。
There were some similarities in their cases, but when Samantha disappeared...
similarity: 相似
他们的案子有相似的地方,但是当Samantha失踪时,
-Lightman: The press jumped in, and nobody was interested in Heather.
新闻媒体活跃起来,没有人再关注Heather。
-Don: Happens every day.
这种事天天发生。
-Foster: All right, it's past noon.
好了,已经过中午了,
We have to find heather now.
我们现在必须去找Heather。
-Lightman: I need to talk to Samantha again.
我需要再和Samantha谈谈。
Samantha... I'm going to play 20questions, all right?
Samantha...我问你20个问题,好吧?
-Samantha: I can't say anything.
我什么也不会说的。
-Lightman: That's all right, I'm going to do the talking.
没事,我来说就行。
All right, we know the person who took you uh, is an animal,

相关主题