1. What’s the woman doing ?
A. Asking for advice.
B. Making an appointment.
C. Offering help.
2. What will the woman probably do next?
A. Advertise for a translator.
B. Read the job ad.
C. Call the company.
3. Why hasn’t the man decided when to hold the party?
A. He hasn’t decided who to invite yet.
B. One of his friends is touring in Spain.
C. The time they’d chosen is not good for everybody.
4. When will the party begin?
A. At 4 pm.
B. At 7 pm.
C. At 8 pm.
5. Who is not coming to the party probably?
6. What do we know about the boys?
A. They ignored the danger sign on the bank.
B. They called for help after being trapped in a tree.
C. They were taken to hospital because of broken feet.
7. What helped Jack Gessner save the boys?
A. The tree.
B. The solid ice.
C. His professional training.
8. What does the spokesman for the Lakeside Fire District mean?
A. It’s too cold for kids to play outside.
B. The lake is dangerous because of thin ice.
C. It’s safe to skate in the middle of the lake.
9. What will the man do on Monday afternoon?
A. Leave for New York.
B. Attend a meeting.
C. See his dentist.
10. When will Mr. Wilson come to see Mr. Stanley?
A. At 11 am next Friday.
B. At 3 pm next Wednesday.
C. At 5 pm next Monday.
People think children should play sports. Sports are fun, and children keep healthy while playing with others. However, playing sports can have 16 effects on children. It may produce feelings of 17 self-respect or aggressive behavior in some children. According to research on kids and sports, 40,000,000 kids play sports in the US. Of