English Weekly CET-4 Listening Practice Test 9
Part III Listening Comprehension
Directions: In this section, you will hear 8 short conversations and 2 long conversations. At the end of each conversation, one or more questions will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the questions will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A), B), C) and D), and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the centre.
11. W: What do you think of your new coach, Mr. Smith?
M: Well, he is full of praise when you train yourself hard, but when you get up later than 5 o'clock in the morning, you'd better watch out.
Q: How does the new coach treat his men?
12. W: I heard only one person got a perfect grade on the term project. I'm sure it wasn't me.
M: But it was!
Q: What does the man mean?
13. W: Look! It says they want a junior sales manager and it seems like it's a big company. That'll be good, for you might have to travel a lot.
M: Do they say anything about the experience?
Q: What are they talking about?
14. W: Listen to me, Joe, the exam is already a thing of the past. Just forget about it.
M: That's easier said than done.
Q: What can we infer from the conversation?
15. M: Mary doesn't want me to take the job. She says our child is too young and the job requires much traveling.
W: You should talk to her again and see if you can find a way out. Think about the gains and losses before you make a decision.
Q: What do we learn from the conversation?
16. M: Have you finished reading the book you bought last month?
W: Oh, I didn't read it straight through the way you read a novel. I just covered a few chapters that interested me most.
Q: How did the woman read the book?
17. W: I think it's wiser to wait until Jack comes back. Don't you agree?
M: I couldn't agree more.
Q: What does the man think?
18. W: Has the technician called about the repairs yet?
M: When he does, I'll have you talk to him.